Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jan 11, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
formal nights dining

hi, we have seen on most cruises there is a formal night where you have to dress posh, but although i like to dress for dinner formal wear is not really us lol, is there somewhere else we can eat is we dont want to go to the formal dinner, thanks susie

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 11, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

Hi there, we have been on 2 Celebrity Caribbean cruises, and must admit to love dressing up for the formal nights. However, for those which dont, there were about 4 other restaurants you could go to, and the dress code was either smart casual, or one wear you could wear shorts and tee shirts etc. We did see a few people who tried to go into the main dining room on a formal night in shorts etc, but were discreetly asked to leave...

Thats the thing with cruising you can do as you want.

Have a great time
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 11, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melonz
Imagineer

Melonz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
How formal is formal?
Old 17 Jan 11, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by susie View Post
hi, we have seen on most cruises there is a formal night where you have to dress posh, but although i like to dress for dinner formal wear is not really us lol, is there somewhere else we can eat is we dont want to go to the formal dinner, thanks susie
On a Disney Cruise Susie, there are quite a few places to eat if you don't want to attend the formal night.
disneycruise.disney.go/sh...vities/dining/

Originally Posted by melanie997 View Post
How formal is formal?
Formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit
For women: gown or dress;
Semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket
For women: dress or pantsuit.
disneycruise.disney.go/fa...dining-attire/

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Michelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 11, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
Disney don't enforce the formal attire, people can and do show up in jeans and t-shirt and still eat in the dining room. If you're happy to just dress up a little you won't be out of place at all.

Charlotte
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 11, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
The Golfer
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Norwegian Cruise Lines have 3 A'La Carte restaurants which you pay a supplement and their formal attire is Men trousers and shirt tie is optional Ladies no shorts.

Most of the cruise lines are the same unless you get invited to the Captains Table where Black Tie is a must
The Golfer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jjdmc
Excited about Disney

Hi Susie,my family and I went on the Disney Magic in 2009 and on the formal night my husbands and sons wore black suit's and dickie bow ties,but felt a bit out of place as most of the men wore just suit and tie,and some even wore short sleeve shirt and trousers,you really don't have to worry and I just wore a black skirt and black top nothing special and some women even wore trousers.
Joanne
Old 25 Jan 11, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Formal on Disney Cruise Line means neat and tidy. You don't have to wear a tuxedo or cocktail gown. You don't even need to wear a tie if you are as guy. Some choose to. I wore my Bonnie Prince Charlie Jacket, waistcoat and kilt on our anniversary but I did it more to impress our American friends who were travelling on the same cruise. They do ask that men may like to wear a jacket but a "dining sweater" is just as acceptable. What they don't want is folk turning up in beach gear, T shirts or tatty jeans. (Although you will see some).I don't think that is too much to ask.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread