Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 11, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We went last year, and decided just to go for a quick walk around. There was a lot to do on the ship, so we didn't leave until around 2pm, and we were back on the ship by 3pm!

We walked up the main street, crossed over and walked straight back. I thought it was quite disappointing. We did have a quick walk though the market and I wasn't scared but I wasn't impressed either

We will stay on board this year, I think I will book a spa treatment instead.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We will stay on board this year, I think I will book a spa treatment instead.
Snap! :stalker alert:

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

think we will venture off in the morning but be back for lunch, kids in kids clubs, us by the pool aahhhh bliss
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughter went on the dolphin swim and we spent a while in the lagoon. It may have been The Blue Lagoon I can't remember. It was absolutely beautiful and would have loved to spend longer there. It was a Disney organised excursion and I felt safe 100% of the time.
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tessdog
Imagineer

tessdog's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did the dolphin swim at Blue lagoon island, It was fantastic much better than Discovery cove.
We enjoyed it there and would def get off and wander around again.

Disney Wonder Cruise, Residance Inn Seaworld, Bay lake tower Sep / Oct 2010
DVC Saratoga Springs, Vero beach, Animal Kingdom Villas Sep/Oct 2008
Disney Pop Century Sep 2006
Wyndham Orlando Resort Oct 2005
DLP Sep1992
International Drive Oct 1991
tessdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 11, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jimmymac
Excited about Disney

Well, Wend and I have had two different experiences in Nassau. The first one, we didn't like at all, we felt intimidated, especially in the straw market.

On the second time, we ventured on to a littlle beach, the beach had a few cast members on who were on a well earned break. We spent a few wonderful peaceful hours just relaxing on this beach. It was just passed the straw market. On the way back we were very thirsty and purchased some local icecold Lemonade, made from limes! delicious

Have a great day
jimmymac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 11, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

We were wondering what was at Nassau but i think we will just stay on the ship ... Ive heard some dodgy stories about Nassau and I wouldnt like anything to happen as we have the children with us ... thanks x
Old 24 Jan 11, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chocolatetrish View Post
We were wondering what was at Nassau but i think we will just stay on the ship ... Ive heard some dodgy stories about Nassau and I wouldnt like anything to happen as we have the children with us ... thanks x
I feel the same, but were going to book an excursion to Atlantis, i would feel a bit robbed paying all that money to go on a cruise around the bahamas and not getting to see the bahamas
Old 8 Feb 11, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ebony
Imagineer

Ebony's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We went to Nassau in Jan this year. We got off the ship wandered through the Straw Market and out the other side to the shops.
The Straw Market is narrow, but we didnt find, that we were hasselled much. A few people asked if we were looking for anything in particular, but not many. We have had much more hassle in European countries in the towns.

The streets where the shops are, were fairly run down, but we did not feel unsafe. There were a few clothes shops, souvineer shops and loads of Jewellers, as in all Carribbean Islands.

If you actually looked up and around there were lots of pretty buildings, there was also lots of building and renovation work going on. So maybe they are trying to get their act together.
We honestly had more hassle in Cozumel than there.
This was our experience.
WDW 1998 and once or twice most years since. DW 2005; DLP1993. CRUISES:- Disney- Magic Caribbean 2008/11, Med'10, WBTA 2010/11; Disney Wonder Panama 2013 & 2017] Other Ships - Ncl Jade & Epic; P&O Azura, MSC Divina, Thomson x2, Princess x4,
2019:- Cruises on Hal Statendam April 2wks, DCL Fantasy Sept 2wks. 2020 July-Celebrity Millenium 2wks
Ebony is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 11, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Stay on board, the place is a bit of a dump with locals just wanting your money.
Enjoy the ship whilst its quiet
Closed Thread