Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 11, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Don't forget to take your own alcohol on-board in your carry-on baggage, you can take a glass of poured wine to dinner (and beer I assume) take your favourite spirit and mix it with soda from the drinks station for out on deck (just pour some from the bottle into a cup and mix at your leisure) I usually take something like Heineken on-board (which they sell on the ship) and take a can/bottle to a show etc, they are fine about it as long as your not blatantly taking a bottle of Bacardi to the pool or something lol.
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have no compunction asking for the character shots, but for the more formal ones I felt a bit cheeky. I will have to get over that!

LOL Darren, I remember now.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by M M View Post
Don't forget to take your own alcohol on-board in your carry-on baggage, you can take a glass of poured wine to dinner (and beer I assume) take your favourite spirit and mix it with soda from the drinks station for out on deck (just pour some from the bottle into a cup and mix at your leisure) I usually take something like Heineken on-board (which they sell on the ship) and take a can/bottle to a show etc, they are fine about it as long as your not blatantly taking a bottle of Bacardi to the pool or something lol.
That sounds, well, a bit trampy.

If I'm spending £1200 for a couple of days on a boat, I'm sure I can stretch for a couple of beers. You're a captive audience, but they're not *that* expensive are they?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
My guess would be, based on what a chap at work has said about the (non-Disney) cruises he's been on, that the following is included...
Just thought, one thing you will get that your mate on non-Disney cruise won't have is a deck party with buffet and FIREWORKS
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Be afraid, be very afraid.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

That sounds, well, a bit trampy.

If I'm spending £1200 for a couple of days on a boat, I'm sure I can stretch for a couple of beers. You're a captive audience, but they're not *that* expensive are they?

To be honest no, I suppose I'm thinking more of last years 14 night Transatlantic when it could have added up a bit It is nice to have a few soft drinks and beers in the in room cooler (fridge on the Dream) for when you can't be bothered to go and get one
Old 21 Jan 11, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post

I listen keenly Geoff, oh yes I do.

Is this cruise piece one of your 'canned' items where, essentially, someone just reads out their pre-prepared material or is it a more natural informal chat between the team?

I tend to skip through the former - I just don't like the style of those, much preferring the 'over-hearing a group of friends having a chat' format which you sometimes do but which are also prevalent on WDW Today and the DIS Unplugged et al.
Sorry to disappoint you but it's not a "chat". It's a researched item that takes quite some time to put together. I think it's too complex to just have a haphazard conversation about it. Maybe we'll do that at a later date.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I have no compunction asking for the character shots, but for the more formal ones I felt a bit cheeky. I will have to get over that!

Just to say Bev there is still a CM present to provide that service so nothing to feel bad about!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but it's not a "chat". It's a researched item that takes quite some time to put together. I think it's too complex to just have a haphazard conversation about it. Maybe we'll do that at a later date.
My tastes are probably quite peculiar, and I guess I've been brought up with a healthy diet of US based shows where the presenters are largely Orlando based and all with envious, yet subtly different, first hand experiences. I'd imagine less structured chats are eminently more practical in such environments.

We've drifted some way from the initial discussion point and even though I have no OP to apologise to, there is a better place to air my podcast related views. I shall listen with interest in a week or so and do keep up the excellent work.

Part One
Part Two
Old 22 Jan 11, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

How about parking at the port? Anything else I need to know about?
Port parking isn't included in the price and I believe it is going up to $20 per day. Disney do transfers but are quite expensive or the other option is a 1 way car rental, a few companies offer a transfer from their office to the Port (Budget's was free) and only about 10 mins away. Just select drop-off at Cape Canaveral (Budget is on Astronaut Boulevard)
Closed Thread