Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jan 11, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
first cruise not sure what clothes to pack

hi, we have booked our first cruise in sept, but are unsure what we need to wear for the meals, are we ok to wear shorts for breakfast and lunch, we have seen cruise casual but not sure what this means, also seen semi formal and formal, i think i would be ok in skirts or dresses but not sure what pants dh would need to wear, we are used to disney where its just shorts and t shirts all day lol, thanks for any advice susie

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by susie View Post
hi, we have booked our first cruise in sept, but are unsure what we need to wear for the meals, are we ok to wear shorts for breakfast and lunch, we have seen cruise casual but not sure what this means, also seen semi formal and formal, i think i would be ok in skirts or dresses but not sure what pants dh would need to wear, we are used to disney where its just shorts and t shirts all day lol, thanks for any advice susie
Hi Susie

Shorts and T'shirts are fine for breakfasts and lunches. For dinner, DH always wears trousers, like dockers or something and shirts. This cruise though he is buying some nice dress shorts for dinner to wear on the cruise casual nights.
We are doing the formal dress, he has a nice dinner suit tie etc. When I looked at the photos from last years WBTA the ones I saw looked as though they really made an effort.
You don't have to dress like that though, it's personal choice.

I'm sure someone from last years WBTA will be along soon with some more suggestions

HTH's

Edited at 03:47 PM.
Michelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've done a 3 and 4 night cruise and mostly wore shorts & t-shirts during the day and for the evening DH wore chino's with either a polo type t-shirt or a shirt for formal night / Palo brunch & I wore a summer dress. Formal night is less formal on a shorter cruise so you might have to be a bit more dressy if you're on the WBTA

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
In the evening most men seemed to have on chinos and a polo shirt. there were some in more casual and others in ties, but that seemed quite a popular option.

Formal night was a bit more 'formal'.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

For last year's Transatlantic I wore a black dress for one of the formal dinners, not a long gown although lots of women did wear gowns and looked great. Mine was just a dressy summer dress from M and S. For the other formal I wore black dress trousers and a silvery grey long cardi thing with a matching bodice. I think I wore the same dress agin for the semi formal dinner I just dressed the outfits up with some cheap costume jewelery.

I was quite stressed at the thought of it all but decided to go to the first formal night and thought if it wasn't for me I wouldn't attend the second formal and the semi formal. In the event I really enjoyed all of the dinners and am far more relaxed about the whole thing this year
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

On formal night there were some american service men wearing full drees uniform which looked very smart
B
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jools View Post
For last year's Transatlantic I wore a black dress for one of the formal dinners, not a long gown although lots of women did wear gowns and looked great. Mine was just a dressy summer dress from M and S. For the other formal I wore black dress trousers and a silvery grey long cardi thing with a matching bodice. I think I wore the same dress agin for the semi formal dinner I just dressed the outfits up with some cheap costume jewelery.

I was quite stressed at the thought of it all but decided to go to the first formal night and thought if it wasn't for me I wouldn't attend the second formal and the semi formal. In the event I really enjoyed all of the dinners and am far more relaxed about the whole thing this year
hi, thanks thats great i have two black dresses that i can wear, just need to figure out what dh can wear as although he has nice pants, shirt and tie he has no jackets since he lost his weight, thanks again susie

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by susie View Post
hi, thanks thats great i have two black dresses that i can wear, just need to figure out what dh can wear as although he has nice pants, shirt and tie he has no jackets since he lost his weight, thanks again susie
Well done to your DH for losing weight I'd think one jacket would do for the 14 nights as he maybe wouldn't want to wear one every night? It was only on the formal nights that I noticed men wearing jackets. The other nights were really informal for men and women. I even saw both sexes wearing crocs (sometimes with socks) in the restaurants in the evening
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We were on the 8 night med last year DH wore a Dinner Jacket and I wore an evening gown. THe girls (5 and 7 ) wore nice party dresses from monsoon.
During the day I wore shorts or summer dresses. Dh wore shorts or light trousers the girls wore summer dresses or shorts. these were all lightweight.
Will be doing something similer this year although I will need a new dress as I will have lost weight by then.

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 11, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We went on our 1st cruise during the summer. on the 1st nite was very relaxed as some people may not have got their bags till late that night. Formal was tuxedo or suits but some people didnt bother eating in the main dining room these night. it good to dress up and get some nice family Pics. for the casual nights i just wore jeans and tshirt or 3/4 length trousers and was alrite