Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jun 14, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Fireworks cruise - tell me about it !

So looking for a wishes /Epcot cruise for after our small vow renewal.

Can people fill me in the information on the Disney site is very limited.

Thanks

Can you wear your dress, is their food on board, what's the difference between Epcot and MK, what's the cost, wil there be other pepple on board anything else I need to know.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm feeling like the cost might be $500 for Grand Yacht One, but I may be wrong.
If you do that one, it will be for Wishes, and you're able to wear your dress as it's from GF or outside of the parks. If you do an Epcot one, I'm not sure where it will go from.
Basically no dresses in the parks though. I've not done a whole lot of research on Epcot, as Wishes is my fav.
It's extra to get the music piped on, and you have have a waiter if you'd like food/drink (obviously again for extra, I believe it would be done through GF catering)

There are other boats that you can hire, but Grand Yacht 1 is the big beauty, and will hold up to 18 people, but you obviously hire it yourself privately and can be done at 180days out.
Old 23 Jun 14, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by becsluvssw View Post
So looking for a wishes /Epcot cruise for after our small vow renewal.

Can people fill me in the information on the Disney site is very limited.

Thanks

Can you wear your dress, is their food on board, what's the difference between Epcot and MK, what's the cost, wil there be other pepple on board anything else I need to know.
How many in your group
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

We hired the Grand 1 to watch Wishes and it was such a great experience, beautiful boat and great view. It cost around $550 for the hour although we had nearly 90 minutes, the music was piped onto the boat (no extra cost) you can add food/drinks/snacks if you like and I had no issues wearing my huge dress.
Theres also the regular pontoon boats which I think hold 8 people and cost around $290 for the smaller without music and $350 for the larger which hold 10 people, include music piped onto the boat and drinks & snacks.

Illuminations cruise goes from the Beach/Yacht club or Boardwalk resorts I think, I know it's one or all of them, costs $325 and hold 10 people
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
We hired the Grand 1 to watch Wishes and it was such a great experience, beautiful boat and great view. It cost around $550 for the hour although we had nearly 90 minutes, the music was piped onto the boat (no extra cost) you can add food/drinks/snacks if you like and I had no issues wearing my huge dress.
Theres also the regular pontoon boats which I think hold 8 people and cost around $290 for the smaller without music and $350 for the larger which hold 10 people, include music piped onto the boat and drinks & snacks.

Illuminations cruise goes from the Beach/Yacht club or Boardwalk resorts I think, I know it's one or all of them, costs $325 and hold 10 people
Although it does say on the site that the 8 seater pontoon doesn't have music piped in that is incorrect...it does have the music... it has gone up this year as well and with taxes will be around $320...but worth every cent
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 14, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

6 in our group
Old 25 Jun 14, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Someone sell this to me because I just think its a lot of money for... not a lot.

Last two years we have watched Illuminations from the bridge that crosses between France and the UK and we see the boats come in to watch and they literally park under the bridge. They are no further forward (maybe a few meters) then we are, have no less of a view (in fact i'd say less so because we are elevated, they are almost at water level) and they tie all the boats together so it's not like you could even say it feels exclusive - last year there was 4 boats tied next to each other, some with just a couple in and some full to bursting.

Yes there does appear to be 'snacks' and drinks on board... but what else are you getting for the money? I guess you could say they haven't had to find a spot and wait either, but surely they'd need to be at the boat ready to board quite sometime before it stars anyway?
Old 25 Jun 14, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We're doing the illuminations cruise for the firs t time this year, there is 10 of us and costs £22 per head, you get drinks and snacks, I think you cruise round world showcase for an hour before the fireworks, will let you know all about it when I get back but it sounds great.

1995 Kissimmee, 1997 & 2000 international drive
2008 Calabay Park,2011,2014,2016,2017 Lake Buena vista. 2018 DLP, Las Vegas
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 14, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gerryc View Post
We're doing the illuminations cruise for the firs t time this year, there is 10 of us and costs £22 per head, you get drinks and snacks, I think you cruise round world showcase for an hour before the fireworks, will let you know all about it when I get back but it sounds great.
The cruise sets off 30 mins before the fireworks and lasts 1 hour in total. You cruise up to DHS and then to Epcot. You don't go round the WS.

We loved it when we did it.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 14, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Anybody got any experience of this as a bride !
Closed Thread