Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
This does seem excessive money upfront, but what do other places of this kind cost? The initial $3,800 is just over £3,000, but does include health insurance. The SEVIS fee she would need as studying in USA, they will be paying, but I can't find what this would cost. Have they said what hours she would be expected to work and possibility of overtime? It may be not as bad as it appears at first, I think the initial money is the big issue, but it may be that she could earn this back over the time that she's there.
The fees are $350 for an F-1 or $220 for a J-1 application, I'm not sure what type is required. OK just seen it's a J-1 visa.

My lad applied for the BA pilot scheme, £90,000 loan if you pass the selection process, reclaimed from future earnings

Edited at 09:49 PM.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Why does every post I make on this forum turn into an attack on me or my children.

Did everyone miss the part where they said they don’t want her? They’re not expecting her to show up because they messaged her and said there is no job for her now
I think people are saying that the message/email you have copied on this thread does NOT say they don't want her NOW - Ie that they wanted her before but now they don't .
There is no suggestion in it they were withdrawing a previous offer
It appears to be an email that would be sent to someone who went to the visit in May as their FIRST contact with Rudding , which isn't the case with your daughter
To me, it has been sent to the wrong person, or it has been sent by someone who doesn't realise that she has already been offered a job there .

I know you have already tried to persuade your daughter to respond, but you seem to be missing the fact that the two important contacts from Ruding - the initial job offer and the email you have copied- don't make sense when put together . The second is not a follow up of the first - it doesn't mention the job offer at all

Good luck to your daughter whatever she ends up doing
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:02 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
The fees are $350 for an F-1 or $220 for a J-1 application, I'm not sure what type is required. OK just seen it's a J-1 visa.

My lad applied for the BA pilot scheme, £90,000 loan if you pass the selection process, reclaimed from future earnings
Yikes
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Completely agree with others that this looks like an admin error. Is she willing to acknowledge the email and send back a professional communication saying thank you for letting her know her services are no longer required and to contact her again if other opportunities should arise? It’s always best to behave in as classy a way as possible. Such a shame if she missed out due to an innocent error and it could have all been easily avoided. I would always reply out of courtesy - definitely encourage her as as others have said you never know who might remember your name.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I agree too that your daughter should respond to the email in case it’s an error, which it sounds as though it could be. For all she knows the poor employer could be expecting her to turn up for work and what happens if not? They could well have to start their search again which believe me isn’t a quick process. Ok, they say in their email about many applicants but it’s normal to put that when advising a person they haven’t been successful. At the end of the day, it’s experience for your daughter to get out of her comfort zone and contact them thus feeling great that she managed it, it’s also polite and she may need that job as a back up if all else fails.
Don’t forget, the employer is also a person with feelings too and I’m sure they will think a lot more of your daughter if she contacts them. Just suppose it is a mistake and put yourself in the employer’s shoes on your daughter’s start day, they’ll either be fuming themselves that she didn’t turn up or welcoming her with open arms because she was adult enough to get in touch.
Personally if she was my daughter, I’d be demanding she contact them but also giving her advice on what to say and then nagging her until she’d done it.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

She doesn’t have £4K so she won’t be going after this one.
It's actually 4k PLUS flights! I also don't see how "pocket money" would cover all the initial costs they mention like "first and last deposit".
Old 15 Jun 19, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

She doesn’t have the money to pay upfront and as horrible as I might sound, I’ve already got my next holiday booked so the savings I have in my bank has to pay for that. I don’t have an extra few thousand hanging around
Why does that sound horrible ?
She's an adult so could work for a few months locally to earn it herself and then go... or a more researched scheme possibly.
If she wanted experience of working abroad and gaining some international experience would the cruise ships work?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List