Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Feb 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
18 and clubbing!

Oh God I feel like such a hypocrite for writing this when I think back to when I was her age ( in fact I was clubbing at 16/17 back in the 80s) but how on earth do I cope with my daughter going out to nightclubs?!

She's off out tonight and I know I will be watching the clock til she's home. She may be 18 but she's a 5ft 2 dot and looks about 12 with no make up on, maybe 15/16 at the most when she's made up.

If I'm not worrying about her drink getting spiked I'm worrying about her getting a taxi home. She's a sensible girl but the area she's going out in isn't great ( like most town centre's now unfortunately)
She has anxiety so I am not letting her know how I feel and am playing it cool as I don't want to spoil her fun, but please someone tell me this get's easier Life was so much easier when she just wanted to curl up on the sofa with me planning a Disney trip and watching Disney vlogs
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
OMG I feel for you! It's just the same with boys too. I was going to clubs when I was 16 too in the 80's but I worry until my boys are home.

We're mums, we'll worry but she'll be fine, enjoy herself and it will get a bit easier as time goes by.

We have to let them go and experience it, just like we did in the 80's! Sending lots of support and love your way though

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
OMG I feel for you! It's just the same with boys too. I was going to clubs when I was 16 too in the 80's but I worry until my boys are home.

We're mums, we'll worry but she'll be fine, enjoy herself and it will get a bit easier as time goes by.

We have to let them go and experience it, just like we did in the 80's! Sending lots of support and love your way though
Thank you. It's so hard isn't it? My hubby works offshore and is away at the moment so I'll be rattling round the house tonight not knowing what to do with myself and overthinking myself stupid!
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm sure I'll feel the same way when my daughter starts going out, fortunately she's just about to turn a teenager in March so I've got about 5 years until that happens. I'll try to make the most of the time with her now.

It must have been hard for my mum, like you I was also out with my friends until the small hours. I even went on holiday to Ibiza with a group of friends after we all finished our A levels. I don't know what my parents were thinking 4 girls all alone in Ibiza. Well, we had a marvellous time and we all came back alive.

I'm sure your daughter will have a great night, she'll have fun with her friends. You on the other hand will be jumping at every notification on your phone and I daresay you won't be able to go to sleep until she's home. Try not to worry too much.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

My dd is 16 so got this to come! Shes been to a few gigs already and that's bad enough! Obviously not drinking and we have picked her up but one was in Manchester and they went in on the tram on their own!
If you think about it, they are generally a lot safer now having mobile phones! Our parents must have found it even harder! I know my mum never went to sleep properly until I was in!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm sure I'll feel the same way when my daughter starts going out, fortunately she's just about to turn a teenager in March so I've got about 5 years until that happens. I'll try to make the most of the time with her now.

It must have been hard for my mum, like you I was also out with my friends until the small hours. I even went on holiday to Ibiza with a group of friends after we all finished our A levels. I don't know what my parents were thinking 4 girls all alone in Ibiza. Well, we had a marvellous time and we all came back alive.

I'm sure your daughter will have a great night, she'll have fun with her friends. You on the other hand will be jumping at every notification on your phone and I daresay you won't be able to go to sleep until she's home. Try not to worry too much.
You're right there! The club is open til 3am so I think it's gonna be a long night.
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
My dd is 16 so got this to come! Shes been to a few gigs already and that's bad enough! Obviously not drinking and we have picked her up but one was in Manchester and they went in on the tram on their own!
If you think about it, they are generally a lot safer now having mobile phones! Our parents must have found it even harder! I know my mum never went to sleep properly until I was in!
How did our Mum's cope without us having mobile phones?! Then again sometimes I think they add to the anxiety because if I can't get hold of her I automatically think something bad has happened!
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smoggy123 View Post
Oh God I feel like such a hypocrite for writing this when I think back to when I was her age ( in fact I was clubbing at 16/17 back in the 80s) but how on earth do I cope with my daughter going out to nightclubs?!

She's off out tonight and I know I will be watching the clock til she's home. She may be 18 but she's a 5ft 2 dot and looks about 12 with no make up on, maybe 15/16 at the most when she's made up.

If I'm not worrying about her drink getting spiked I'm worrying about her getting a taxi home. She's a sensible girl but the area she's going out in isn't great ( like most town centre's now unfortunately)
She has anxiety so I am not letting her know how I feel and am playing it cool as I don't want to spoil her fun, but please someone tell me this get's easier Life was so much easier when she just wanted to curl up on the sofa with me planning a Disney trip and watching Disney vlogs
Why dont you tell her to phone you and you will pick her up. Both my children are older now but I have been out at 3 am to pick them up and got up for work in the morning. I was happier doing this than them getting a taxi. Clearly when they were at u I they did what was easiest for them.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smoggy123 View Post
How did our Mum's cope without us having mobile phones?! Then again sometimes I think they add to the anxiety because if I can't get hold of her I automatically think something bad has happened!
Very true! I dont know how we coped without them to be fair!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

God I feel old now. I remember even if I had no money to go out my mum would give me £20 just to keep a eye on my 16 year old sister.
Thursday night student night use to go to college 9am to 9pm then go a pub to 11/12 then clubbing to 2am then up again at half 5 to get the bus to work to 1pm.
Taxi’s now are more easier to get and mobiles to keep in contact.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List