Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Mar 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile Tips for DLP with a baby

I’m heading to DLP in April for 4 nights with my husband and 9 month old baby boy. We have been twice before but this will be the first time with a baby.

I’m just starting to realise how different this trip will be and so wanted to ask if anyone had any top tips for the parks with a baby?

I also had a few specific questions if anyone can help:
Does anyone know if the rooms at Newport bay have a kettle and a fridge? Only stayed in a compass club room before which did but wasn’t sure about standard rooms.
Are the pools warm enough for a baby?
Is it a good idea to padlock prams when leaving outside attractions?
Is it easy enough to get bottles warmed when out and about? Our boy is combi fed but unfortunately likes his bottles warm! Panicking slightly about how I can achieve this when out and about.

This is all Coronavirus dependant of course - really hope we still get to go!

Thanks!
Ariel85 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ariel85 View Post
I’m heading to DLP in April for 4 nights with my husband and 9 month old baby boy. We have been twice before but this will be the first time with a baby.

I’m just starting to realise how different this trip will be and so wanted to ask if anyone had any top tips for the parks with a baby?

I also had a few specific questions if anyone can help:
Does anyone know if the rooms at Newport bay have a kettle and a fridge? Only stayed in a compass club room before which did but wasn’t sure about standard rooms.
Are the pools warm enough for a baby?
Is it a good idea to padlock prams when leaving outside attractions?
Is it easy enough to get bottles warmed when out and about? Our boy is combi fed but unfortunately likes his bottles warm! Panicking slightly about how I can achieve this when out and about.

This is all Coronavirus dependant of course - really hope we still get to go!

Thanks!
Standard rooms in Newport Bay don't have a fridge - but you can request a kettle free of charge by phoning the housekeeping team when you arrive.

The pools at DLP are generally on the cold side, you might find it too cold for the baby.

If you want to padlock your pushchair then feel free to do so, but don't padlock it to anything (i.e. fences) as the cast members can and do cut them off. They need to be able to lift and move pushchairs for operational reasons (for example if they are blocking a pathway or causing a safety hazard). So just run a bike lock through a wheel so it can be moved, but so no one will want to take it because it wouldn't get far very quickly!

All restaurants have bottle warming facilities, or if you prefer somewhere quieter both parks have a baby care centre with bottle warming and feeding facilities.

Don't forget about baby switch if you still want to go on the bigger rides!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We went April 2019 with our 9 month old but stayed in a Golden Forest room at the Sequoia Lodge so had a fridge and kettle.

Made full use of the Baby Care Centres. All have milk warming, changing facilities and better then the toilets and microwaves. For warming we took a Tommee Tippee Travel Food Warmer and filled that up in the morning. Keeps it really hot throughout the day.

We used a combination lock and locked it between the chassis and wheel. More of a deterrent. Also put coloured tape in small areas around the chassis so that we could pick out better.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We took our little boy at 9 months old and had the best time, you are going to love it! (I was amazed by how interested he was in everything even at that young age!)

I did write a trip report if that helps?
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Standard rooms in Newport Bay don't have a fridge - but you can request a kettle free of charge by phoning the housekeeping team when you arrive.

The pools at DLP are generally on the cold side, you might find it too cold for the baby.

If you want to padlock your pushchair then feel free to do so, but don't padlock it to anything (i.e. fences) as the cast members can and do cut them off. They need to be able to lift and move pushchairs for operational reasons (for example if they are blocking a pathway or causing a safety hazard). So just run a bike lock through a wheel so it can be moved, but so no one will want to take it because it wouldn't get far very quickly!

All restaurants have bottle warming facilities, or if you prefer somewhere quieter both parks have a baby care centre with bottle warming and feeding facilities.

Don't forget about baby switch if you still want to go on the bigger rides!
Thanks so much for all this info! That’s good about the kettle and didn’t realise how abundant the bottle warming facilities were. Will definitely be checking out the baby care centres.

I had wondered about the pool being too cold. He has a wetsuit type thing so think we will take it and see what he thinks.

That’s a really good point about the pushchair - thanks. Will bear that in mind!

Do you know how the rider switch works? Do you go to the exit or the main queue line?

Thanks again!
Ariel85 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by rking89 View Post
We went April 2019 with our 9 month old but stayed in a Golden Forest room at the Sequoia Lodge so had a fridge and kettle.

Made full use of the Baby Care Centres. All have milk warming, changing facilities and better then the toilets and microwaves. For warming we took a Tommee Tippee Travel Food Warmer and filled that up in the morning. Keeps it really hot throughout the day.

We used a combination lock and locked it between the chassis and wheel. More of a deterrent. Also put coloured tape in small areas around the chassis so that we could pick out better.
Brilliant, thank you! All really useful info. I think I may take my chillys bottle and fill it up with boiling water from the kettle in the room and that should do the first couple of bottles anyway.

Will definitely do that with the pushchair - thanks!
Old 10 Mar 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We took our little boy at 9 months old and had the best time, you are going to love it! (I was amazed by how interested he was in everything even at that young age!)

I did write a trip report if that helps?
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for replying! I think he really is going to love it, just hope we still get to go! He’s such a nosey little boy and there will be so much for him to look at.

I think I’ve read your trip report before actually but will look it up and have another read - handy that he will be the same age as your little one was.

Thanks!