Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I was thinking about my nephew and his fiancée who are police officers in the Met. They are resigned to the fact that they probably will catch the virus. They deal with a lot of druggie gangs in east London and are always being spat at, so I can just imagine what it’s like at the mo. They don’t have face masks and have run out of nitrile gloves.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I was thinking about my nephew and his fiancée who are police officers in the Met. They are resigned to the fact that they probably will catch the virus. They deal with a lot of druggie gangs in east London and are always being spat at, so I can just imagine what it’s like at the mo. They don’t have face masks and have run out of nitrile gloves.
My niece who lives in the south of England is a social worker and has been ill with the virus for the last two weeks. She is slowly starting to get better. I just hope my DIL who works in the NHS manages to avoid it.

Edit: Sorry Mick I have managed to make this gloomy.

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Pumpkin Pie, wishing your niece well.
We all applauded here. DD is a 4th year med student who has been stressed out with her research project. Hearing the roaring applause yesterday gave a a new lease of life and I think helped to emphasise for her what it’s all for. A little girl and her mum where clapping on their own just now, so I don’t know if they thought it’s every night, bless them.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Edit: Sorry Mick I have managed to make this gloomy.
Honestly no you haven't and I hope your niece recovers in full soon. It was political comments I was hoping to avoid and so far so good. This thread was intended to be about celebration and support which transcend petty political point scoring.

Mick
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Pumpkin Pie, wishing your niece well.
We all applauded here. DD is a 4th year med student who has been stressed out with her research project. Hearing the roaring applause yesterday gave a a new lease of life and I think helped to emphasise for her what it’s all for. A little girl and her mum where clapping on their own just now, so I don’t know if they thought it’s every night, bless them.
I also thought it was going to be every night as that is what they are doing in France so assumed we had started doing the same.
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Honestly no you haven't and I hope your niece recovers in full soon. It was political comments I was hoping to avoid and so far so good. This thread was intended to be about celebration and support which transcend petty political point scoring.

Mick
Thank you Mick and Happytraveller. My niece has a five year old son but so far he is okay. It’s a worrying time for everyone but showing our appreciation for NHS workers and everyone else keeping this country running is the least we can do.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you to everyone who clapped for us ❤️
We stood outside too, I was crying. Just to hear noise from everyone just to show their support. I am a cleaner at our hospital and proud to be so as I am helping to keep this virus at bay for everyone in the hospital by cleaning everything in my path. I work along side patients so I am in close contact with them.
I have been thanking people who I see helping our people & our country. Like shop staff, bus drivers even delivery people. It might just make their day that someone has thanked them. We risk our life's to keep things going. Please spare a thought for the people who are still working & Thank them 😊
Old 28 Mar 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We joined in. As a retired nurse it made me cry I'm in contact with many frontline workers and they are touched by the response, they also realise that whilst they are really in the middle if it, many others are too, so say thankyou to the person serving you in the supermarket, thumbs up to delivery drivers, etc etc
Stay safe, stay at home protect those protecting your family and supporting your family during this pandemic
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Is this happening again tonight?
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Is this happening again tonight?
Yes
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread