Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jan 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
Personally as a previous dibber stated try northeristerone for your daughter. What I tend to do, is use it the month before to delay that period , so my holiday period arrives and is over with before we go away, that way you can have a good holiday without having to worry about taking tablets three times a day and coping with any side effects

Jules
They dont really like giving it to children I asked about it for my dds x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
I have used it myself to regularise my cycle for IVF. I won't recommend it for young teenagers either.
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I know you said they aren’t keen on tampons but have you thought about a moon cup.
Only need to empty morning and evening. It’s literally one of the best thing I have ever purchased.
I don’t ever need to worry or stress about changing pads/tampons during the day. No leaks. Just forget about it.
Don’t know how but it reduces cramps/pain too.
Not to mention the cost saving and better for the environment
I agree they are great but can't imagine a young teenager who doesn't like tampons getting on very well with one.
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your replies. I will have another good chat with them about tampons. I didn’t think about YouTube videos, that’s a really good idea and may help them. I don’t really want to go down the medication route (and I know my eldest wouldn’t take it, she is emetaphobic and won’t take anything with a side effect of nausea)
It is a worry for them hopefully we will get away with them not having one while we are there but with 21 days it’s unlikely ☹️
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Not sure about 11 and 12 but my dd has been using it from age 14.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My dd used the swimsuit. I think we got pantyprop one. It was expensive but worked fine. There’s a YouTube video of a lady trying it out which might be of interest.

I think from memory the U.K. one was out of stock so I got one shipped which cost a fortune but was an emergency as she was going on a water sports holiday !

She didn’t want to use anything else and I didn’t want her to take any medication.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Safia nygaard did a video on period swimwear a little while back - worth watching, her main concern was the time to dry out afterwards,
But it would mean they could stay wet at the water parks or in the villa pool, then go change to shorts and pants when they were done for a while?
She tests a whole lot of alternative period stuff, including the panties and leggings, Id suggest shes worth a look.
Teenagers and tampons - I can see why they wouldn’t want to use them - I personally don’t like using them, it’s a personal thing, so up to them and you. And I wouldn’t be putting a hormonal teen on period stopping drugs, but some of the contrecepive pills do allow you to take them continuously for a little while (3 months I think) to step your period, so another option to consider (if not now but a few years down the line)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Mobile

Another option instead of a tampon (hate them) is a menstrual cup. I’ve used one for nearly 6 months now and love it. It does take a couple of cycles to get used to though.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Safia nygaard did a video on period swimwear a little while back - worth watching, her main concern was the time to dry out afterwards,
But it would mean they could stay wet at the water parks or in the villa pool, then go change to shorts and pants when they were done for a while?
She tests a whole lot of alternative period stuff, including the panties and leggings, Id suggest shes worth a look.
Thank you I will take a look at that. I think this will be the way to go, poor Betty only got her period today I don’t want to traumatise her, or make them feel uncomfortable or pressured to try something they aren’t ready for.

I actually got a menstrual cup for myself in prep for the holiday as I hate tampons but it took me a while to get used to it and I have had two kids. I don’t think they would get on well with it just yet but I will definitely talk to them about it in the future because now I’m used to it I’m converted.

Thanks for all your replies, a lot of options to consider.
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 2019DisneyEvans View Post
Thank you I will take a look at that. I think this will be the way to go, poor Betty only got her period today I don’t want to traumatise her, or make them feel uncomfortable or pressured to try something they aren’t ready for.

I actually got a menstrual cup for myself in prep for the holiday as I hate tampons but it took me a while to get used to it and I have had two kids. I don’t think they would get on well with it just yet but I will definitely talk to them about it in the future because now I’m used to it I’m converted.

Thanks for all your replies, a lot of options to consider.
Hope they find the swimwear ok. We had three holidays/breaks last year and my poor dd got her period on the first day of each one.

I also got her a pair of short black board shorts which she wore over the top of the special costume which she liked.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List