dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Keke’s looks lovely as usual
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Great updates looking forward to more
Thanks for sharing
M
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I've just been catching up with all the food. You had some lovely looking meals at Universal. We never really seem to make it into Citywalk so will definitely have to put that right next time.
Some of your offsite breakfasts look amazing too. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
Thank you. There is some good places to eat at Citywalk.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Keke’s looks lovely as usual
It certainly was

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Great updates looking forward to more
Thanks for sharing
M
Next updates in a day or two Thanks for reading
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
KRISPY KREME

This wasn't supposed to be our breakfast location today! We had Boma booked at 9.30am. This was Memorial Sunday. We turned up at it was so so busy. The querue to get checked in was 10 minutes! I waited and when I checked in I was told they were running late and could be anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes to get seated. Obviously we weren't happy about this so we asked to cancel. This delay interfered with our plans for the day too much. We headed back down the Sherbeth Road to try Cracker Barrel. We could see a queue out the door and no spaces in the car park. The IHOP and Dennys was the same. Note to self. Don't go out for breakfast late on Memorial Weekend.

We starving so we saw the Krispy Kreme and headed in for a nice healthy breakfast

This was one time I was glad of the queue so it gave us a chance to decide what we wanted. We chose a dozen. With drinks it was about $17 so a bit cheaper than Boma!

We got a few different ones but nothing too elaborate. We all really enjoyed them. I loved my couple from Voodoo Donuts but the rest of the family far preferred these ones from Krispy Kreme.

Edited at 06:52 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

You've got to have donuts for breakfast at least once on holiday! Personally I'd prefer voodoo as well as they aren't as sweet as Krispy kreme.

Not good with the delay at Boma! I thought they booked to capacity every day so I wonder if they overbooked or something? Although when we went for dinner they made us wait 10 mins and most of the tables were empty so maybe they are short staffed or something.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
YAK AND YETI

Another favourite from last time. We headed out from shopping to Animal Kingdom with the intention of an early dinner before our fastpasses kicked in around 5pm.

It was fairly busy at the check in but I flashed the Landry's Card and within two minutes "Landry's Select Club Member George your table is ready." We've been using these for a few years now and I can't specify how good they are!

Me and DW Kelly both have cards and both have birthdays in Mayso I asked the server if we could do two cheques using both cards with birthday rewards. She went and checked and took the cards away.

The manager came back with my cards welcoming us as Landrys members and that both discounts would be applied. Luckily he didn't stay too long as I hate that bit!

To start we got some pot stickers which Lily was obsessed with last time and some egg rolls. Both were good but I personally really liked the egg rolls.

For mains Lily went back to mac and cheese again. Not as good for her as the cheap and nasty q/s versions. She was pretty full anyway from pot stickers.

Evie went for the Lo Mein - Chicken≈- Lo Mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions, bean sprouts. She thought this was ok. She probably would have been better going for Teriyaki chicken.

Kelly went for Sweet and Sour Chicken≈- Tempura chicken, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, pineapple. It came with rice and she really enjoyed it even though she swapped back and forth with Evie.

She had ordered extra garlic noodles but these became a bit redundant after helping Evie out with hers.

I went for Kobe Beef Burger≈- 10 oz. grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries. This was really good. One of the best burgers I've had. The patty was lovely. I'd highly recommend to burger fans.

So when it came time to pay the cheques it came to $80 including tip after the birthday discounts were applied.

Really good and somewhere we'd definitely go again.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

Yak and Yeti is going straight on my list!

Great Report!
TinkerSmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

The food looks delicious at yak and yeti- I’m salivating 😂
Old 4 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Excited to try yak and yeti for first time this trip! Such a shame about Boma though- but as you say a lot of money saved 😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It is absoloutely acceptable to have donuts for breakfast in Orlando! We had them the 3 days we were club level at the Hard Rock, and when offsite the $0.99 ones at the WAWA gas station were frequently eaten haha. No wonder my waistline hasn't recovered. lol.

We love Yak and Yeti, the only Disney TS we have eaten at twice, and it's on the list for this year too. Landrys cards are great aren't they, we're intending on doing the same with an 'October' birthday each lol.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List