Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Apr 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile Excess baggage fees?

Oh were having such a fun morning packing 😂😂😂

The broken zip on my suitcase has miraculously fixed itself so all the stressing yesterday rushing out to buy tape and wrap wasnt needed lol.

Anyway, my daughters suitcase is over the weight limit and theres no way me or the boys can fit her stuff in our cases, theyre totally full too.

Does she just pay for the extra weight on that one case or would she need to buy an extra case to bring the first case under the limit?
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

can you not re-jig anything at all, maybe fit some stuff in hand luggage? Leave the toiletries behind?

If you can't do that, if she's only a couple of kilos over on her cabin case they won't need her to buy another case she will just need to pay the extra weight charge.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

My understanding is that it is cheaper to phone, or live chat, whichever airline you are flying with and ask to add a case to your booking and then go out and buy a cheapish case/holdall. If you wait until the airport, the fees for overweight case are usually a lot more than buying and adding a case.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Is there anything to leave behind, or wear a few layers of tops etc. Or take out a cardi and carry it. Wear the heaviest shoes to the airport.
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

How much over weight is it?

Can you not sway heavy items from DD's case to another. Putting lighter items from other cases into hers. Toiletries, shoes etc all way more for similarly sized clothes for example.

Check with the airline the cost of the difference in weight as a charge vs adding another bag but don't forget to factor in buying another bag.

May be more cost effective to dump items and replace.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Weve dumped all we can dump.
Rechecked my bags cos got the weight allowance wrong so one of mine is over limit too lol.

Were just gonna look for the cheapest suitcase we can find
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You can have a carry on bag and a hand bag in the cabin.
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

How much over and what airline, that sometimes makes a difference

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

I was slightly over when we flew back with VA last year. I wasn't charged and they put a label on it saying that it was heavy.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

When we flew virgin a few weeks ago we were over but only had 3 cases between 4 of us so there wasn't a problem. What airline are you with, how much over?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List