Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Apr 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Woop Car Insurance for Young Driver

Has anyone used this insurance company? We are looking at insurance prices for various new small cars we are looking to buy as a first car for my daughter. When I get an online quote without having a registration number it gives the same price for all the cars I have looked at (Kia Piccanto, vauxhall Adam, Citroen C1 and C3) I know they are all a similar engine size but they are all varying costs depending on the edition I chose to go for. I was just wondering if anyone has used them and could tell me if the price quoted varied much one you bought the vehicle. Many thanks
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You are lucky you have a daughter, add £500 on for having a son. My son passed his test in November but has no car, the insurance is ridiculous about £2,000. I know the price is different depending on where you live x
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son got his car in February and we were getting the same quotes for all of the cars we looked at which were similar to you. In the end we got him a 2014 Kia picanto and the insurance was exactly the same as the original quoted we got. He paid £1030.05 fully comp.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Never heard of Woop car insurance sorry

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
You are lucky you have a daughter, add £500 on for having a son. My son passed his test in November but has no car, the insurance is ridiculous about £2,000. I know the price is different depending on where you live x
You must live in a high risk post code like me. My sons 1st insurance for a tiny C1 was £2,200 after 3 years no claims he is still at £1,000.
Can only dream of the low amounts most dibbers get 😪 my daughter is taking her test in May and getting quotes of around £2,000 so don't think she will be getting her own car ☹
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Check online reviews, xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
A few years ago they had to change the system for equality reasons so females now pay the same high rates as males.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
A few years ago they had to change the system for equality reasons so females now pay the same high rates as males.
Hmm not sure that’s actual true though .. if you do two quotes for the same car , the males is always higher .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Hmm not sure that’s actual true though .. if you do two quotes for the same car , the males is always higher .
Well it should be true - there was a EU gender equality law passed that said there should be nor difference. However you’re right as it appears the insurance companies aren’t behaving as they should (surprise surprise)

telegraph/insuranc...ars-eu-ruling/
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
estowife
Excited about Disney

Our 17 yr old daughter has a 2014 reg citroen C1, & we pay £1100 ish with hastings direct smart miles

1998, 2000 & 2003 - Our "Big Yellow House" Buena Ventura Lakes
2013 - Thomas Cook Villa - garbage!
2019 - The lovely Aylesbury Villa - Davenport
2023 - Sunsets at Sanctuary - West Haven A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
estowife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
yehacantwait
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
The law was changed so that they couldn't have single sex insurance companies. Remember the annoying advert for Shielas Wheels.
yehacantwait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List