Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Aug 19, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile Highs and lows of our 5th trip to Florida Discovery Cove

Today was an early start as we were going to Discovery Cove.
I am still waking up early so my eyes pinged open at 4am😥 I then went back to sleep at 5.45am and the alarm went off at 6!
We were all up and dressed for 6.30 when our friends drove round to meet us. We set off and were sent on a diversion by Google.
Mark is with Vodafone so can now use his data over here with no extra charges and I am with 3 and the same applies. Mark can also use his minutes to call home with no additional charges.
We arrived at DC at 7.15am. We checked in quickly and was given a Dolphin swim time of 9.05am we were happy with this as rain was forecast from midday.
We went for breakfast, the queue for this was long and I started to worry that we would be late for the swim but it was ok in the end. The choices were sausages, scrambled egg, fried potatoes and scones for the hot breakfast. There was also porridge, cereal (all of which would contain your yearly allowance of sugar!)
Fruit, yoghurt and pastries.
We all finished our breakfast and went to get wetsuits. Everything is included at DC, suntan lotion, towels, snorkel, lockers, food and drink.
The suntan lotion is really thick! Mark and our friend are not blessed with much hair, they both slapped a lot of suntan lotion on their faces and heads and looked like they had been whitewashed! This made us all laugh!
We then went for our talk about what was going to happen, now we went to DC two years ago and we loved it but the Dolphin swim was a little disappointing. I came out feeling like we had been on a conveyor belt.
This time was different, the lady working with the Dolphin was great, she spent lots of time talking to us and seeing if we had more questions. As we were in a group of 8 but two families she let us have lots of photo combinations of us as a family and as a group and the children in sibling and friendship groups. Our friends who I think were a bit sceptical loved it and their daughter said it was the best day of the holiday.
After the Dolphins we went to the Aviary, it is good to get there early as you can feed the birds but as the day goes on they are not hungry.

We then spent some time in the lazy river and then the Reef where you can snorkel with lots of different fish and the Ray's.
It was an amazing day where everyone did everything they wanted to do and we didn't have to race around.

We went to look at our photos which were a combination of both families. It is $40.00 for 1 print which is the cheapest option and the most expensive is around $280
We bought the digital package for $200.00
As it is for two families we split the price so I have all the pictures for $100.00
We stayed until the end and left around 5.45pm
We went and got a Dominoes Pizza, these are amazing! So much better than English Dominoes.
We took them back to the Villa and ate one and put the other in the fridge for tomorrow.
Lily is so tired, she is in bed watching junior bake off. We are watching Shark Tank, the US version of Dragons Den. We always watch it when we are over here.
Discover Cove is an expensive day but if you get the ultimate package which includes Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and Aquatica you get free parking for 14 days and apart from Discovery Cove you can visit the other parks as many times as you want throughout the 14 day period.
I haven't talked much about my blood sugars as I wasn't a good girl today and don't want to tell anyone needless to say I have hooked myself back up to my insulin pump and promise I will be good tomorrow.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Lovely thank you for this report, we go next year and our first time visiting DC.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List