Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 19, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

How much can I expect to pay for Business Class in August?

Hi

As the title says really - can anyone help with past prices for business class with BA in August (London to Orlando direct)? I have a lot of Avios to use but we need 3 seats and it seems that BA only release 2 Club seats as reward flights during the school holidays for each flight. I’m thinking of doing 2 reward seats and then paying for a third. We are also travelling with a 1yo so the extra space would be a huge bonus!

Many thanks!
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have you seen this?

news.yahoo/like-ryanair-...093124153.html
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoN21 View Post
Have you seen this?

news.yahoo/like-ryanair-...093124153.html
This is interesting and of course it depends on why you fly BC, we fly BC 3 or 4 times a year. We choose this for the space and the ability to lie flat and sleep or rest.

I am not interested in the food but will eat if I want to, I don't drink alcohol so that is not a reason.

I like to arrive feeling refreshed and don't like being sandwiched into an economy seat.

We all use our disposable income for what we prefer and I have a four hour rule, any flight over four hours is in a buisness class seat!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve flown BA club before so I know what I’m getting. Using the Avios means that 2 of the seats will cost me less than economy for August and as long as the third seat isnt too extortionately priced then it’ll not work out significantly more expensive than economy overall and we will have the benefit of the extra space for the infant. I just have no idea what to expect to pay for a seat.
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
This is interesting and of course it depends on why you fly BC, we fly BC 3 or 4 times a year. We choose this for the space and the ability to lie flat and sleep or rest.

I am not interested in the food but will eat if I want to, I don't drink alcohol so that is not a reason.

I like to arrive feeling refreshed and don't like being sandwiched into an economy seat.

We all use our disposable income for what we prefer and I have a four hour rule, any flight over four hours is in a buisness class seat!
Agree with all of this. Personally I’m a nervous flyer, for some unknown reason the additional space really helps me!
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Also, that survey was from 2018. BA are spending a lot of money revamping their business and first class cabins.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cd900 View Post
Hi

As the title says really - can anyone help with past prices for business class with BA in August (London to Orlando direct)? I have a lot of Avios to use but we need 3 seats and it seems that BA only release 2 Club seats as reward flights during the school holidays for each flight. I’m thinking of doing 2 reward seats and then paying for a third. We are also travelling with a 1yo so the extra space would be a huge bonus!

Many thanks!
It’s hard to say how much you’d have to pay. As a general guideline to BA Club World cash fare pricing to MCO, it rarely gets much below around £1400 return, even in sales. A more regular low end price would be in the £1600-1800 range, and it can often be much more.

The lowest prices available currently are around £2,200, and around £2,500 for next July. That can change (both up and down), due to demand and sale periods. The refurbishment of the 777 fleet at LGW has resulted in less CW seats, which may affect pricing. That is speculation, I don’t have data to support or refute the idea, but it’s a fact that there are less CW seats per flight now.

Part of your challenge would be whether you feel you have to book all 3 seats at the same time, since you need to strike early for the Avios seats, and that may not be the best moment for buying a cash fare. BTW, the two seat thing is not just during school holidays, BA only guarantees two CW Avios seats per flight, though more may be released at any point.

It’s also a little more complicated because you can book the outbound for the Avios seats on the day of release, then add the return later, but you can’t do that for the cash fare (at least not without paying very high one-way fares), the earliest you could book a return cash fare is when your return date is opened for sale.

Edited at 07:35 AM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

We paid just over £1400 per person return for LGW to MCO mid August, a price I was more than happy with! I purchased these October 2018, so around 10 months before, and noticed the prices by about 9 months out were more that double that (which at that point I would agree were extremely overpriced) Hope you get a decent price 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
It’s hard to say how much you’d have to pay. As a general guideline to BA Club World cash fare pricing to MCO, it rarely gets much below around £1400 return, even in sales. A more regular low end price would be in the £1600-1800 range, and it can often be much more.

The lowest prices available currently are around £2,200, and around £2,500 for next July. That can change (both up and down), due to demand and sale periods. The refurbishment of the 777 fleet at LGW has resulted in less CW seats, which may affect pricing. That is speculation, I don’t have data to support or refute the idea, but it’s a fact that there are less CW seats per flight now.

Part of your challenge would be whether you feel you have to book all 3 seats at the same time, since you need to strike early for the Avios seats, and that may not be the best moment for buying a cash fare. BTW, the two seat thing is not just during school holidays, BA only guarantees two CW Avios seats per flight, though more may be released at any point.

It’s also a little more complicated because you can book the outbound for the Avios seats on the day of release, then add the return later, but you can’t do that for the cash fare (at least not without paying very high one-way fares), the earliest you could book a return cash fare is when your return date is opened for sale.
Thanks so much! Anything between £1400 and £2000 would be doable! I’m not going to book the cash fare at the same time as the reward seats. Did some dummy bookings for July next year and saw the prices for immediate availability. Plan is to book the outward journey as soon as they’re released and then add on the return once they are available. I’ll probably be sad and call the US BA number to book at midnight as our return is right before the schools go back. Then wait for a sale to book the cash fare.

One thing I’m not sure about though... our 3 seats are for 2 adults and a child (age 5 when we travel). Is it possible to do the child seat as the cash booking? I know you can’t book a child fare on its own online but wondering if we could add it to our reward booking over the phone at a later date when the price is right? Would mean a slightly cheaper cash booking IYSWIM. This Reward flight stuff is complicated!
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Also, that survey was from 2018. BA are spending a lot of money revamping their business and first class cabins.
Well, not really in terms of the hard product (the seat and physical cabin environment). The new CW seat has of course just been launched, but the rollout will take a long time, especially for routes like MCO.

There have been no other changes at all to the seat in First or CW, apart from IFE upgrades when the the aircraft has received this in all cabins. There have been some improvements to the “soft product” (e.g bedding, catering) in both cabins over the last year or so, but it’s catch-up.

That’s not to say that you can’t have a good premium cabin flight with BA, and it’s going to beat economy hands down (leaving aside the personal nature of value for money), and the Ryanair comparison in the article linked above is over-dramatic, but realistically it’s at the low-mid end of business and first class products out there. The new CW seat, once rolled out, should bring it up to par.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List