Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes my DS 14 used to have these when he was younger and like a couple of others have said we eventually linked them to him being too hot. We made sure his duvet covers were mostly cotton rather than polyester and would go into him about 45 mins after falling asleep and gently rouse him enough so that he turned over or moved about, just enough to break the sleep cycle.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our middle son suffered from about 7 to 14 and sleepe walked as well
Awful to watch then it just stopped worse when he was over tired or to hot
Unfortunately he's suffering again but it's stress related the loss of his step son in June his DB recent accident
The first time his wife was really scared as his eyes were wide open and he was talking
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

My OH still suffers from them in his mid 30s! His are still, as when he was little, related both to being over tired and also sleeping in a different place etc. His are always related to spiders as he will believe they're crawling on a web over to him and he will literally get up put his phone torch on and look for the spiders! many times ive come up to bed after him and found the covers on the floor and him the opposite end of the bed! ive learnt over time not to speak to him etc and usually he will drift off again - he knows something has happened in the morning as he feels tired but not what happened.
lisa12000___ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

No expert with this so my advice is probably flawed. But, if it is happening at a similar time each night I wonder if you could gently wake him just before this time.

Our ds used to sleep walk, and it would happen at a similar time each night. We were advised to wake him just before the time period and this seemed to be successful for us.
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I have had them all my life, they say it is anxiety linked. My niece who is 9 also suffers similar to myself, there is nothing you can do really. Just make sure the environment is safe, I need talking around as such to make me realise what I am seeing / doing is not real and then I can fall back to sleep.
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojos View Post
My youngest son used to have them, really horrible to watch, however we found there was a link with his terrors and needing a wee! So we used to wake him before we went to bed and put him on the toilet and hey presto no terrors. Obviously this may not be the case for you but worth a try!

Making our son go for a wee helped as well
He grew out of them by the age of 10/11
He once had a little one in the plane going on our first trip to Orlando, I just kept calm, gently talked to him, told him where we were and where we were going and took him straight to the loo.
Once he woke up screaming, never opened his eyes and just kept screaming “I don’t want dad to die” over and over.
Scary things to watch
DD never had any - so chilled that one ha ha.
He was always like a hurricane.

Edited at 07:28 AM.
tylergeorgia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List