Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Dec 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A Sparks ‘LIVE’ Universal Christmas Adventure- December 2021

This is a food report with a twist as I’m not actually travelling this time, it will be my husband Adam and my son Cooper. I know we all love a Dining Report so I thought I would report on their behalf.

This was only booked a few weeks ago and has changed several times. You can find the ore-trip report here:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1206520

Today they popped to Manchester Airport for their pre-departure tests, they used Randox and their negative results were back within 30 mins which was fantastic. They had a quick lunch of KFC (hot and fresh was the feedback) at Terminal 1 before making their way to The Clayton Hotel.

With the boys moving their flights to two days earlier (due to the upcoming changes) they will be staying at The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista for 2 nights. They have reservations at Cityworks (first time visiting) and also House of Blues (an old favourite) at Disney Springs. Then moving on to The Rosen Plaza for a night where Miller’s Ale House is a must visit before moving to The Hard Rock Hotel for 3 nights. Finishing up back at the Rosen Plaza for another 3 nights. There was no availability for the Universal Hotels due to the late booking so I-drive was the next best choice.

You can expect trips to Cracker Barrell, Dennys, Longhorns, Culvers, Chick fil a, Cold Stone Creamery and a few more. This is a Universal and Seaworld trip, whereby we were allowed to extend our Annual Passes from 2020. So it is basically a mini trip to use up ‘about to be expired’ travel vouchers. We are looking forward to a whole family visit in August 2022 with both Disney and Universal parks on our itinerary.

Edited at 08:44 AM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
This is a food report with a twist as I’m not actually travelling this time, it will be my husband Adam and my son Cooper. I know we all love a Dining Report so I thought I would report on their behalf.

This was only booked a few weeks ago and has changed several times. You can find the ore-trip report here:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1206520

Today they popped to Manchester Airport for their pre-departure tests, they used Randox and their negative results were back within 30 mins which was fantastic. They had a quick lunch of KFC (hot and fresh was the feedback) at Terminal 1 before making their way to The Clayton Hotel.

With the boys moving their flights to two days earlier (due to the upcoming changes) they will be staying at The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista for 2 nights. They have reservations at Cityworks (first time visiting) and also House of Blues (an old favourite) at Disney Springs. Then moving on to The Rosen Plaza for a night where Miller’s Ale House is a must visit before moving to The Hard Rock Hotel for 3 nights. Finishing up back at the Rosen Plaza for another 3 nights. There was no availability for the Universal Hotels due to the late booking so I-drive was the next best choice.

You can expect trips to Cracker Barrell, Dennys, Longhorns, Culvers, Chick fil a, Cold Stone Creamery and a few more. This is a Universal and Seaworld trip, whereby we were allowed to extend our Annual Passes from 2020. So it is basically a mini trip to use up ‘about to be expired’ travel vouchers. We are looking forward to a whole family visit in August 2022 with both Disney and Universal parks on our itinerary.
Awww, hope they have an amazing time
I look forward to all their pics especially the food
At least you have Milo to keep you company and I hope you’ve remembered to give the boys an extra long shopping list for you 💰💰💰
Safe journey for your boys ❤️🇺🇸✈️
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post

Awww, hope they have an amazing time
I look forward to all their pics especially the food
At least you have Milo to keep you company and I hope you’ve remembered to give the boys an extra long shopping list for you 💰💰💰
Safe journey for your boys ❤️🇺🇸✈️
X
Thank you Claire 💝 Yes, I’m hoping for loads of food pics too, I am totally living vicariously through their trip. Milo is currently snoring on the sofa beside me, so at least that hasn’t changed. 😂 My shopping list is huge and poor Debbie might need a spa day after delivering it to Adam. 😅 Thank you for your kind wishes 💖 xxx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Thank you Claire 💝 Yes, I’m hoping for loads of food pics too, I am totally living vicariously through their trip. Milo is currently snoring on the sofa beside me, so at least that hasn’t changed. 😂 My shopping list is huge and poor Debbie might need a spa day after delivering it to Adam. 😅 Thank you for your kind wishes 💖 xxx
I’m looking forward to Denny’s I love their pancakes 🙊
Maybe we should all vote on where they go to eat
I don’t see Cheesecake Factory on the list

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Mobile

Looking forward to this… I didn’t realise how much I had missed food reports during lockdown until they started again. I patiently wait all day on updates
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews

The Aviator Bar at the Clayton Hotel.

Beer for Adam and Water for Cooper.

Chicken tikka pizza for Cooper

Clayton Burger for Adam. Total cost was £36 and they said the food was ok, I think they are just looking forward to all the delicious food they are about to have on holiday! They are now back in the room watching football before any earlyish night.
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh wow, you've started already! The burger looks good, well I guess it looks pretty average really but I'm adding points on for the fact that it's a pre travel day burger and everyone knows that pre travel day dinner gets bonus points 😉.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Looking forward to this… I didn’t realise how much I had missed food reports during lockdown until they started again. I patiently wait all day on updates
Thank you 😁 I am totally the same, I love a food report too.
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh wow, you've started already! The burger looks good, well I guess it looks pretty average really but I'm adding points on for the fact that it's a pre travel day burger and everyone knows that pre travel day dinner gets bonus points 😉.
It was a quicker start to the trip than planned Abby. I think the burger was pretty ordinary but you are so right, anything on a pre-travel day is still great because you are hopefully going on holidays! 😉 I have everything crossed that it gets better from here. 🥳
Old 2 Dec 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

The Aviator Bar at the Clayton Hotel.

Beer for Adam and Water for Cooper.

Chicken tikka pizza for Cooper

Clayton Burger for Adam. Total cost was £36 and they said the food was ok, I think they are just looking forward to all the delicious food they are about to have on holiday! They are now back in the room watching football before any earlyish night.
Pizza looks nice, never had a chicken tikka one