Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we use ultrasun 50+

yes it's a bit more pricey but we used this in '17 and it was brilliant! wasn't cakey (although i think i would have preferred if i'd gotten the face cream for my face as it felt quite heavy there) went on and didn't feel sticky at all. I'm super pale and burn at the slightest mention of sun, so for this to hold up all day in florida heat was excellent.

we made sure we all showered at the end of the night too to wash off sun cream as blocked pores can lead to prickly heat
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Another ultrasun fan, best I've used.

We use the sports gel 30SPF, it's slightly thicker than the bottle of 20 we had previously. I prefer it to the cream.

Gorgeousshop had some good prices a few days ago, not sure if it's still on offer. They regularly send out money off codes too. Ordered from them a few times for various things.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

if anyone is after UltraSun Superdrug regularly have a 3 for 2 on it also
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Another ultrasun fan, best I've used.

We use the sports gel 30SPF, it's slightly thicker than the bottle of 20 we had previously. I prefer it to the cream.

Gorgeousshop had some good prices a few days ago, not sure if it's still on offer. They regularly send out money off codes too. Ordered from them a few times for various things.
I ordered yesterday the factor 30 ultrasun Gel from gorgeousshop. Went through Quidco and got it for £27 for 400ml which seems quite good to me.

I also like the continuous dry mist sprays for a quick getaway in the morning.

Just to add I use the minimal powder for my face aswell as pixi setting spray with 30spf

Kat

Edited at 10:18 AM.
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
we use ultrasun 50+

yes it's a bit more pricey but we used this in '17 and it was brilliant! wasn't cakey (although i think i would have preferred if i'd gotten the face cream for my face as it felt quite heavy there) went on and didn't feel sticky at all. I'm super pale and burn at the slightest mention of sun, so for this to hold up all day in florida heat was excellent.

we made sure we all showered at the end of the night too to wash off sun cream as blocked pores can lead to prickly heat
I've bought Nivea Sun Face Suncream SPF50 (the Shine Control version) for my face. I tried it out when we had that glorious weekend of sun a few weeks ago (think it was Easter weekend) and it worked really well

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Side question: any recommendations for babies? Our little girl will be 7 months when we go.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Side question: any recommendations for babies? Our little girl will be 7 months when we go.
I'd recommend Ultrasun again as it's designed for sensitive skin

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Calli
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm bald and fair skinned. I've been burnt on the head mid-winter in North East England. My best sun protection is a hat!

I have to use a very water resistant (silicone rich) sunscreen or my sweaty head will just wash a 'normal' cream right off. I've been using Nivea Sun SPF 50+ Sensitive Immediate Protect Spray for years. Easy spray so very little waste & never any clogging.
2019 Orange Tree, Clermont Dodge Grand Caravan
Calli is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I've bought Nivea Sun Face Suncream SPF50 (the Shine Control version) for my face. I tried it out when we had that glorious weekend of sun a few weeks ago (think it was Easter weekend) and it worked really well
oh! this is good to know, thank you i found i looked rather shiny in my photos damn sensitive pale as milk skin!
Old 15 May 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

I just bought some Asda factor 50 cooling sun spray - £3.50.
It smells lovely & I had it on in the garden yesterday & it did a great job. Not sure if it’s suitable for all skin types though!

There’s going to be a review on suncreams on Supershoppers next Monday. They usually test a few products on that programme & then what the results are.

Might be interesting? 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List