Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Feb 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Flightman
Imagineer

Question What else to do?

Hi all.

Off in August and will probably only do MK and BB. We're off to KSC and Anna Maria Island for day trips. So, apart from the parks, and the above, what do Dibbers recommend as a worthwhile experience?

We quite fancy Boggy Creek airboats but my DW is worried about mosquito bites, she reacts quite badly.

Thanks!

Houston we have a countdown!
Flightman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Flightman View Post
Hi all.

Off in August and will probably only do MK and BB. We're off to KSC and Anna Maria Island for day trips. So, apart from the parks, and the above, what do Dibbers recommend as a worthwhile experience?

We quite fancy Boggy Creek airboats but my DW is worried about mosquito bites, she reacts quite badly.

Thanks!
The airboats are really good fun and definitely worth a go, lots and lots of strong bug spray and an antihistamine
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I would definitely do boggy creek airboats we had a great time and I also suffer badly with mosquito bites but was fine I just used strong spray and it was fine!
Partyof3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t recall the name Boggy Creek but we did an airboat tour and really enjoyed it. I seem to attract mosquitos more than the average person, if DW is worried she should smother herself I repellant or take a cardigan or something to cover up with a bit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Boggy creek is arguably one of the ‘big two’ for air boating along with Spirit of the Swamp. Both are good and for different reasons.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Spirit of the swamp was a highlight of our Last trip! We saw lots of wildlife including a mum with her baby gators. Amazing!
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Spirit of the Swamp is a great trip. Small boats and headsets so you can hear the guide and each other, airboats are REALLY loud.
Car shows at Old Town are good for a night out, live music, line dancing, loads of classic cars.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We have done both airboat rides and much prefer Spirit of the Swamp. We like the dolphin watch tour at St. Pete beach
dolphinlandings
Helicopter ride, visit to Lake Louisa State Park, Monster truck safari at World of Citrus, scenic boat tour at Winter Park, Crystal river,Celebration, Orlando Science Center.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
moshman10
Imagineer

moshman10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Go to a shooting range, great fun.
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by moshman10 View Post
Go to a shooting range, great fun.
Which one would you recommend?
Ivegottadream is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List