Notices

Old 11 Aug 16, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 12 - Messing Around On The River

Usual wake up time

I made "flat pancakes" (as they are known in our house! ) before DH and I ventured out on a walk around the peninsula. A lit of the land is privately owned - though the coastline isn't. There aren't many houses as yet though.

We drove over to Riviere du Loup to book the whale watching boat trip for Friday. It was impossible to do online. This town is one of the bigger ones - but tiny compared to most towns in the UK.

You could also get a ferry across to the other side - which would avoid a 400km trip by car (the first bridge across the St Lawrence river is in Quebec City).

We had lunch out - fish and chips, a salmon sandwich, mac n cheese and a burger were had. No dessert though.

DH was happy to watch the cycling time trial too!

My salmon sandwich. The same as the other night I am a creature of habit!

We dame back the scenic route rather than the motorway. It didn't seem any longer and was more picturesque.

We noticed that where we are is a lot more agricultural than further up where we had lunch. The skyline is full of grain towers - they look like skyscrapers from afar!

After making some cupcakes, we headed down to the river where DS rock climbed and DD fished and dammed. It was actually very warm out if the wind - we wondered if a storm was brewing.

The shoreline is a mixture of a very brittle slate (you can separate it with your hands), rocks and grey sand. And lots if seaweed.

DH and DD tried swimming again - still too cold!

After an afternoon on the beach, I made some pizzas then we went out for our usual desserts - ice cream! Lots of toppings available!

On the way to the ice cream parlour we spotted a coyote just up from the house - didn't manage to get a picture.

DH dropped F and I off at the top of the drive as he and DS were off to the cinema in La Pocatiere. We wanted to see if we could spot the coyote again but no luck

DD and I went down to the shore to release the crevettes!

Now we are watching the Olympics! It is still quite humid so a storm may still be on the cards!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 11 Aug 16 1:16 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Loving the pics - strange to see a country you only ever see covered in snow. Havent done it but good snowmobiling R du Loup area apparently.
Your post reminded me that, before they built a bridge across, there was one place where we had to drive our sleds on to a little ferry to cross a river! Must ask DH if he remembers where that was!
Love your pic of the salmon sandwich - one of my fav's.
Pat
Old 11 Aug 16, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

That salmon sandwich looks really posh! Yummy.

Looking forward to your whale watching trip!

We are also enjoying watching the olympics, the diving was brilliant last night.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Your photos are fab, and a salmon sandwich - sounds delicious.
Old 11 Aug 16, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day with lovely photos

Joan
Old 11 Aug 16, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Great pics and another good day. Thanks
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Loving the pics - strange to see a country you only ever see covered in snow. Havent done it but good snowmobiling R du Loup area apparently.
Your post reminded me that, before they built a bridge across, there was one place where we had to drive our sleds on to a little ferry to cross a river! Must ask DH if he remembers where that was!
Love your pic of the salmon sandwich - one of my fav's.
Pat
We had to take a ferry across the Saguenay last year otherwise it was a long detour! The ferries are a very used means of crossing the river it seems!

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
That salmon sandwich looks really posh! Yummy.

Looking forward to your whale watching trip!

We are also enjoying watching the olympics, the diving was brilliant last night.
We only had 3 channels - thankfully one of them showed the Olympics. Good day today on the Gold front

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Your photos are fab, and a salmon sandwich - sounds delicious.
I loved the salmon sandwich! Very yummy!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day with lovely photos

Joan
Thanks Joan!

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Great pics and another good day. Thanks
Thanks Jo - it was a lovely day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Lovely day! Foods looks good!

I was surprised by the smaller size of Ontario towns (and even "cities") outside of the major cities. I remember stopping in the city of Peterborough and wondering where the rest was!

What did they see at the cinema?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Lovely day! Foods looks good!

I was surprised by the smaller size of Ontario towns (and even "cities") outside of the major cities. I remember stopping in the city of Peterborough and wondering where the rest was!

What did they see at the cinema?
Some of the towns would barely be villages here!

They saw Suicide Squad - thankfully it was in French French and not Quebecois

Index of my trip reports