Notices

Old 2 Apr 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Dubai March/April 2017 LIVE - Day 3 - Water And Dubai Mall

I didn't particularly sleep well (though to be fair I rarely do) and was awake for the day at 5.30am. Nobody else stirred until after 7! We went down to the Nomad restaurant - our first visit. There was all the usual offerings - fruit...

Breads, croissants, eggs, bacon, cheese ...

But also some Asian delights. I enjoyed my noodles and mushroom fried rice!

Though none of us fancied trying the carrot jam!

After filling ourselves, we went to the Concierge who helpfully booked us a tour to Oman for Monday!

We then grabbed a cab to Wild Wadi again! This was quite funny - the taxis wait across the road and a hotel member of staff calls one across. However two came across and proceeded to have a barney over whose ride it was. The hotel guy dealt with it brilliantly - by calling over a third taxi!

We agreed we would just do a couple of hours at the water park before heading to the Dubai Mall.

It was again busy to get in - apparently the local schools are also off!

We started on the ride that had the longest queue yesterday. It was a paddling pool like boat which we sat in and went down the above slides!

It was good fun!

The boys wanted to go on the extreme version - F and I declined so they headed up and thankfully found two other people - you needed 4 to do this one!

We then did the rapids slides which we did yesterday. You can just see in the distance the skyscrapers of Dubai!

O went off to do Jumeriah Screamer and then we relaxed in the wave pool while J went on the surf machine!

My eyes were really sore this morning - not a good look!

At 12.30pm we decided to head out to the Dubai Mall - only 1,200 shops!

We came in near the Aquarium but didn't really fancy visiting!

F was a bit low so we decided to grab lunch as a priority.

Yo Sushi was her choice. Both the kids ordered teriyaki salmon and rice. I had some tuna sushi. J had some beans (those Japanese green things! ).

The waiter couldn't have been more disinterested if he tried. The salmon took ages to appear - we wondered if they were fishing for it !

O sums it up quite well - expensive (30 euros) for what it was!

The kids were still hungry. There was an Eatly opposite. O had a banana and nutella waffle!

F had a nutella tart whilst we just had an expresso!

I love this waterfall - the divers are exquisite!

O got some t-shirts in Pull and Bear. F also found t- shirts in Justice.

O and J went to the bookshop while F and I did a few shops she wanted to look at - but no more purchases were made!

O could have spent another 2 hours in the bookshop - he had over an hour and managed about 10% of it!

We had a long walk to the metro and then about a 25minute metro ride - 5 DHS each!

Back at the hotel, J disappeared to the barbers for a 90minute pamper - shave, haircut, massage, ear and nose hair wax... all for 100DHS (25 euros)! He thoroughly enjoyed it.

We had canapés in the Club room - Middle Eastern night - it filled us up!

This is the view from the room! You can just make out the Burj Khalifa!

J, F and I headed up the road to the local supermarket to get some snacks for tomorrow!

The boys are again at the gym ( are they made ). F and I have repainted our toenails as our pre-holiday varnish had come off at Wild Wadi!

Earlyish night as we are being picked up at 6am for our trip to Oman - a new country for us!

Edited at 06:07 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 2 Apr 17 6:03 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day that is a big mall to many shops for me

Joan
Old 2 Apr 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

1,200 shops? I wonder if some people travel and just spend a week there. The waterfall looks beautiful. (I'm off to google it after I've finished this.)

I like how you balance your days. You seem to get a lot out of them, without sacrificing the enjoyment.

Enjoy your trip to Oman.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh I like holiday shopping but that mall sounds too much even for me !
Lovely day again , shame lunch service was a bit meh.. Im loving the banana waffle thing though !
Hope you have a great day trip today
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

It would take a week's holiday to go round all those shops. A great day.
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow, 1200 shops, I'd never get my daughter out of there!
That waterfall is amazing 😀
Another great day
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day that is a big mall to many shops for me

Joan
And when you think of how many malls there are here - unbelievable

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
1,200 shops? I wonder if some people travel and just spend a week there. The waterfall looks beautiful. (I'm off to google it after I've finished this.)

I like how you balance your days. You seem to get a lot out of them, without sacrificing the enjoyment.

Enjoy your trip to Oman.
I think some people do just shop! There are some very highend shops!

I love that waterfall!

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Oh I like holiday shopping but that mall sounds too much even for me !
Lovely day again , shame lunch service was a bit meh.. Im loving the banana waffle thing though !
Hope you have a great day trip today
I think you have to target where you want to go. At least they group themes together - so all electronics are in the same area! Makes it a bit more doable!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
It would take a week's holiday to go round all those shops. A great day.
I think we calculated that even if you only spent 1 minute in each shop you would need 20 hours in there

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
Wow, 1200 shops, I'd never get my daughter out of there!
That waterfall is amazing 😀
Another great day
My two liked it too!

Thanks everyone for reading!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The barbers sounds like great value for a good pamper, we did a similar one in Istanbul once. My husband emerged with make up on and everything!
So many shops!
Food looks good.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
The barbers sounds like great value for a good pamper, we did a similar one in Istanbul once. My husband emerged with make up on and everything!
So many shops!
Food looks good.
I am laughing at the make up! Last year the same barbers offered to dye J's beard We declined on his behalf!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg