Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario And Quebec 2017: Day 11 - Perth, Rapids and Lombardy Fair

I was awake early at 5am but J didn't surface until after 8! By this time I had managed to mess up brewing the coffee - whoops!

The plan was that J and the kids redid the long rapids run while I went into Perth and then picked them up again!

Life jackets on, they set off. I drive into Perth. The picture of the "Big Cheese" is a celebration of Perth's cheese making history!

My first stop was for a coffee after my mess up with the coffee this morning!

Then I went to the bakery where I got a vegetable quiche for lunch. I also got some of their muffins - the healthy ones

After that I went yo the pick up point.

Meanwhile the tribe were rafting down the Mississippi river!

It apparently was quite fast in places!

With some wildlife - quite a few turtles were seen basking in the sun! Not sure what happens to them in the depth of winter though!

Eventually they came into my view! At least I didn't miss them this time! J said it was better this time as they could anticipate the different turns and rapids!

The descent took 2 1/2 hours and was 8km long. We calculated that over the 5 days they spent about 14 hours on the river rapids! The rings cost C$80 - about 55 euros so we have had our money's worth Mist importantly they had a lot of fun!

After heading back to the cabin to dry off and have lunch (quiche and new potatoes) we went to Lombardy County Fair. We felt this was an experience we should experience! We knew going on day 1 was probably not the best option but as we are leaving Perth tomorrow morning we didn't have much choice!

It was C$30 to get in and it was an eclectic mix of things.

There was a big barn with various animals (cows, sheep, horses etc) and an interesting presentation on the different aspects of agriculture in Canada (we like this sort of thing! ) It also answered a question we had asked ourselves this week - are white eggs different from brown ones? Nutritionally not I still brown the look of brown ones though!

There were various competitions for veggies - such as the longest corn ear! You saw the same names over and over!

There were also the craft section - not sure what condition the cakes will he after 4 days out in the heat with the flies buzzing around!

I thought this quilt was fabulous!

There was also a fairground - my two weren't bothered about trying anything!

We stayed about 90 minutes before heading back via the supermarket to get something for dinner. As you can see we don't dine out that much

We really enjoy the trip out - as O said you gave to try these things!

After dinner we started the task of packing up. Our stuff seems to have grown - I fear another suitcase is on the agenda!

This little chappy was caught climbing outside!

We watched America's Got Talent before heading to bed!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List