Notices

Old 23 Aug 16, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 24 - Botanic Gardens And Home

We were slow to get up this morning. None of us want to go home

It was an unanimous decision yo go back to the same diner as yesterday. Except DH who had pancakes with bananas, the rest of us had the same meal. It was delicious.

We had got a later checkout time of 1.30pm do just about had enough time to go to the Botanic Gardens. We went last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Chinese Garden was being updated.

There was a new trail in the Second Nation area.

We spent most time in the vegetable and herb beds. The kids had loved this area last year and fid so this year too. Lots of different varieties of veggies that we don't see at home.

We had to leave at 12.30 to walk back and get changed. Then it was time to drive to the airport.

There was a bit of traffic but we made it yo the car hire place by 1.50pm and got the shuttle to the airport.

I had checked on online so just printed out our boarding passes and luggage labels and dropped the bags off.

We were quickly through security. We were all hungry so had a bagel lunch at one of the food options.

My pizza bagel. It was nice - filled a hole.

We camped out at the gate. Boarding was a little late and we took off about 15minutes late. Not so good as we had a tight connection at Frankfurt.

DS moved seats as his IFE didn't work! The choice of movies was a bit iffy. I watched Mother's Day which was easy watching.

The food was terrible. This was my pre-ordered veggie option - kale and lentils. It didn't taste better than it looked.

Time seemed to go ok and DD and I both managed 2 hours of sleep.

At Frankfurt we ran but made our connecting flight. MIL was at the airport to pick us up. After landing at 8.45am we were home by 9.45am!

It has been a fabulous holiday! Now back to reality.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 23 Aug 16 12:13 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I will do a highs and lows/round up post later. Now off to sort out the washing!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

End of holiday. And, to add insult to injury, piles of laundry!

...But what luxury to have been away so long and to such gorgeous places.

Thanks for sharing your trip (and such great photos) with us. It all looked so good; it's definitely an area of Canada I want to explore one day.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well a reasonable end (apart from the food) to a wonderful holiday
I have enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 23 Aug 16, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Nice to bump into you here Joan.

Hope you are doing well.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

I have really enjoyed reading your report. Thanks for sharing
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I have spent an enjoyable few hours with mugs of tea enjoying your trip report.
Your holiday homes were fantastic, settings/photos picturesque and you seem overall to have had a fantastic outdoor family holiday with good food and shopping thrown in. Thank you for sharing
If you don't mind me asking how/where did you find your accomodation - we have friends in Ontario and hope at some point to go over and stay with them for a few days and then move on but they will not give us any pointers for where to stay as they have a basement annexe we could use but we would not want to intrude for too long !
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Have thoroughly enjoyed your report.although to be fair your kale and lentils looks rank 😬
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

A nice day to end your lovely holiday. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely photos with us and showing us a lovely part of Canada. May I just say it was heartwarming to see you all enjoying, and doing things as a family. Walking, fishing and swimming. You dont see that very much any more. Thanks again for sharing and I hope next time you let us share your next journey.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List