Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Nov 13, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
Originally Posted by heather1957 View Post
i actually understood this, i obviously have been mixing with a lot of scottish people

:d

fd
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
:d

fd
I have no clue what it meant!
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
There is no leniency towards certain members. If something is reported once by a member then it is looked at. We might not agree with the validity of the reason of why it is reported. If it is reported by 5 or 10 people with similar opinions then obviously something is wrong. But if only one person reports it and really doesn't make a valid case then it might remain. It might be that one person has read it wrongly and there is nothing wrong with it.

The mods often have to discuss a case before taking action too. This might take a good few hours or even a day. That is why we say allow up to 48 hours before something is done.

Obviously if something is totally against the rules then a mod will remove it as soon as they see a reported post. Please also bear in mind that just because you report a post a mod might not see that reported post for a few hours.
hmmm well actions speak louder than words, so I guess time will tell

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
I agree totally with the 'rules' and the reporting of them. I just think there's room for improvement in the way in which things are handled and the leniency shown to some members and not others.
I agree with Hannah.

The action taken appeared to be all against one member. All their comments were removed whilst others were allowed to remain. The ones where they stood up for themselves were removed whilst the nasty comments remained. The people who posted the nasty comments seem to get to post whatever they want and about whoever they want where as others are reprimaned immediatly.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
It might look like that from your side of the fence but it is not that straight forward. When a post is reported we have probably not previously read the thread and are going in from the cold so to speak.

We might see that people have done exactly what we say NOT to do. That is take it into their own hands and quote a post and tell the person off. in 75% of these cases the thread is now beyond saving and can give us no option than to delete the thread. We might delete some posts then the same people carry on arguing on it again. Therefore we then have no option but to monitor their posts for a while as it causes major upset and comments like "theDIBB is a horrible place now" because a few members see these arguments.

So please do not post on a thread if you feel it is worth reporting. Then leave it alone. It takes time. Not 5 minutes. Don't take the matter into your own hands. It makes it worse.

I have personally spent hours on reported posts. I might go in and delete a few that have been reported and any posts that have quoted them and then gone back and read through the thread(which can take a long time) and then found the root cause of the problem and deleted more and taken the appropriate action. But sometimes during that time the arguments continue on the thread.

It is a no win situation because someone will always say you have made the wrong decision. Which is obvious as there was two very different opinions that started it in the first place.

So we have to do what we see is best. You might not agree with that, but someone else will agree.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I find this whole subject so childish. It's honestly like a school playground on some of these threads. This is why I tend to stick to happy threads; trip reports etc

I do feel sad that a certain member was banned yesterday for essesntially standing her ground and not accepting the abuse, but hey, it's all been done now. Just a shame.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Allow me to bring you in from the cold so we're on the same page. Snide remarks have been made consistently from the same people to bully the individual in question over the months and it was obvious to those who frequent the trip report section who the comments were aimed at.

I'm astounded that such discriminating comments have appeared in SN forums (of all places!) to be honest. It's NOT appropriate to question/judge someones disability and their need for a blue badge. The person defended themselves (wasn't rude), and their comments removed, restrictions on their account where the perpetrators comments remained, can only assume they've not been punished. Is the lesson here that if we want to have a dig at someone then you need to make it obvious but not mention any names? I rather hope not.

Surely you can understand how some of us would feel like Hannikins and Miss Vincent et al.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Obviously not because I still have no idea who you are referring to. If one persons posts are being reported a lot then that will stick with us and it builds up a pattern. But it won't register if it is only once in a while in isolation. Remember we are dealing with thousands of people and don't "profile" people and keep a record of what they have said to who and when etc.

Sometimes another mod will say I have seen xyz doing this before and they build up a bit of a pattern of behaviour. But unless they are already on our radar then we just might not be reading things the same way you are.

If you report a post please fill us in with as much detail as to previous problems you have had with them etc. Rather than some reported posts we get saying "Delete this it offends me". Sorry but that is not explaining anything.

So a polite request or guidance in the situation is always going to get a faster response than an objectionable PM or reported post demanding things.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
I do feel sad that a certain member was banned yesterday for essesntially standing her ground and not accepting the abuse, but hey, it's all been done now. Just a shame.
Unfortunately you only see one side of things.
The member was banned due to the abusive pm they sent to me, had they been polite in the pm reply to me then they would still be on this site.
My pm to them was polite and factual explaning what moderation was and that it didnt stop them from posting. The pm i recieved back, lets just say it wasnt polite!

I dont know what you have heard or what you assume but the banning had nothing to do with the thread at all.
Old 21 Nov 13, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The thread yesterday in SN was quite bizarre.. had the other person said something like " there are lots of conditions that don't warrant a GAC/badge/special assistance " i doubt things would have ended up like they did.
But instead she choose to list a very specific condition , which the person who is now banned is very open about having and i think possibly the only one that mentions suffering from it.
So it was obvious to her and most others exactly who is was aimed at.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread