Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Mar 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile Renting DVC from Daves DVC

Hi there

I am just after some reassurance as all new to this DVC renting.
I have seen Daves DCV everywhere and it seems legit.
I originally wanted to stay at AKL for 2 nights but now decided on Boardwalk villas as won’t be at the resort much so would rather be walking distance to the parks.

Are there any risks with renting through third parties like Dave DVC? Is there any other reputable company you recommend over him? What happens if the owner changes their mind and cancels?

Thanks in advance
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Ive rented from Dave’s and of course the lovely Dibbers. Not had any issues
Go for it you will love it
Old 28 Mar 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi i have rented my points out with Dave's a few times over the years and its been absolutely fine every time... in fact Ive have rented out over 350 points this year with 4 reservations and all is well with them...
Old 28 Mar 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

We’ve used the DVC rental store twice, excellent service would recommend them, the main difference between them and Dave is you don’t have to pay all upfront with them x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I have messaged to see what I can get! Hope they will accept it as it’s only 2 nights and I know shorter stays are sometimes more difficult x
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I have used them twice, most recently in February. Whilst I got the 2 rooms I requested there were communication issues between Daves and the owner of the points (Daves words not mine).
The initial confirmation had 2 names spelt wrongly, one I noticed on MDE and the other noticed by them. I was asked if I wanted Dining plan and/or the Disney Express to do request it at least 2 months prior and to only do it in one transaction, again due to communication problems.
On arriving to activate his DDP my son had already checked in online but there was no reservation found in his name or his GF. It was eventually found but was in his GF name spelt incorrectly even though it was correct on the confirmation.(3rd one!)
I'm sure this was not Daves fault but in future I think I would ask if they have successfully used the owner before.
Old 30 Mar 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi sorry to hear of your booking issues but even when Ive done my own bookings with my points over the years Iv'e had the dreaded "sorry there is no booking in that name" lol unfortunately disney's IT department and systems have been poor for years IMHO...
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Hi sorry to hear of your booking issues but even when Ive done my own bookings with my points over the years Iv'e had the dreaded "sorry there is no booking in that name" lol unfortunately disney's IT department and systems have been poor for years IMHO...
Yes, I know that Disney's IT is less than ideal, there were obviously communication problems somewhere along the line. The people I dealt with at Daves were great, both on the phone and on email.
As I said above it wouldn't stop me using them again.
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I have used them twice, most recently in February. Whilst I got the 2 rooms I requested there were communication issues between Daves and the owner of the points (Daves words not mine).
The initial confirmation had 2 names spelt wrongly, one I noticed on MDE and the other noticed by them. I was asked if I wanted Dining plan and/or the Disney Express to do request it at least 2 months prior and to only do it in one transaction, again due to communication problems.
On arriving to activate his DDP my son had already checked in online but there was no reservation found in his name or his GF. It was eventually found but was in his GF name spelt incorrectly even though it was correct on the confirmation.(3rd one!)
I'm sure this was not Daves fault but in future I think I would ask if they have successfully used the owner before.
Greetings, I've rented points out with Dave's three times.
When I put the renters names in they come up on the DVC site in the wrong order. The people at Dave's say this is common. Distressing for the renters but the blame is entirely DVC's!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List