Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 Apr 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Question Where to start...

A boring Wednesday at work can only mean one thing... dreaming of Disney.

I've only been to WDW once before with family and we didn't have a plan or book fastpasses in advance, so this will be my first time trying to properly organise a Disney trip.

My partner and I are travelling end of 28th November to 12th December, staying at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista. We both LOVE Christmas. In Dec 2017 and Dec 2018 we went to DLP, but decided this year to swap for WDW given expansions currently happening in WDW. Neither of us drink alcohol, and we are happy to eat off-site as much as possible to keep pennies for shopping. We are only doing Disney (so far, we may get 2-day Universal tickets) and are planning to book tickets for MVMCP

My initial thoughts so far are:
- Monday & Tuesday = Parks
- Wed = Rest/Fun/Water Park
- Thu & Fri = Parks
- Sat & Sun = Rest/Shop/Water Park
- We would like to visit each Disney non-water park twice (once in the morning, once in the evening)
- The day we fly is Thanksgiving Day, making our first full day in Orlando the Black Friday, so not sure what to do on that day.
- We will avoid eating meals in the parks as much as possible, taking snacks etc. Open to having a meal or two as a treat in the parks.
- The first Tuesday (3rd Dec) is probably the day we will go for MVMCP if tickets are available.
- This is my other half's first Disney trip in 20ish years, I would like to take time to do something "extra special" for him - thinking a dessert cruise or something along those lines, open to suggestions.
- We plan to return to WDW in future, so we don't feel we need to cram every little thing in to our schedule.

Looking for any guidance as to how to even begin turning this into some sort of plan.

Edited at 02:40 PM.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

I prefer to visit parks early for first 3 days making use of waking early then day 4 have a slower day with shopping/pool or water parks. Around day 5 onwards making fast passes for later in the day, sometimes pool mornings with evenings spent at the theme parks. Once the extra magic hours are released for November I would decide on which parks each day to visit, for you staying offsite I would visit each park that has no extra hours as they will be less busy. Then I choose 3 rides for each day to book fast passes which are near to each other to save trecking half way round each park. Enjoy the planning, it makes the holiday more exciting
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by dizzymum23 View Post
I prefer to visit parks early for first 3 days making use of waking early then day 4 have a slower day with shopping/pool or water parks. Around day 5 onwards making fast passes for later in the day, sometimes pool mornings with evenings spent at the theme parks. Once the extra magic hours are released for November I would decide on which parks each day to visit, for you staying offsite I would visit each park that has no extra hours as they will be less busy. Then I choose 3 rides for each day to book fast passes which are near to each other to save trecking half way round each park. Enjoy the planning, it makes the holiday more exciting
Thanks for the info!

Whilst I completely agree about preferring to visit parks early first 3 days, those would be Black Friday and then the weekend which neither of us are particularly keen on due to crowd levels at Thanksgiving Weekend (I expect these to be quite high?).
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

I would still go to maybe magic kingdom on the first day because of being up sooo early, be there for park opening, soak up the atmosphere, enjoy knowing I am in magic kingdom go on a ride or two if possible before my three fast passes, enjoy an ice cream in Main Street before heading out of the park for a chilled afternoon in the pool)
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aiesha
New Poster (3)

what you must remember about magic kingdom, is that their current parade, "disney festival of fantasy", starts at 3 PM

so when the parade's on (and maybe even a bit before/ after) it's going to be busier and harder to get out the park

I actually like using those times for some of the rides- I like the parades too, but yeah

something to bear in mind
aiesha is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List