Notices

Old 7 Apr 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This ... With A Difference - March/April 2019 - Day 5

I slept until almost 6am this morning. When making fastpasses 60 odd days ago I had today down as a magic kingdom day however after a discussion last night we decided we would like to go to Epcot today and have a wander round the flower and garden festival, have lunch at the booths and get some fastpasses done. With that in mind when I woke this morning one of my tasks was ditching our MK fastpasses (goodbye seven dwarfs mine train &#128546 and booking some for Epcot. I managed to get 9am figment, 10am character spot and 12.10 mission space.

We left just after 9 and arrived at Epcot shortly after. Bag check was absolutely manic and we were queued for about 10 minutes to get through. But the time we wandered up to character spot our fastpass has opened and we'd missed our figment slot. While waiting to meet Mickey I modified our mission space fastpass to 10.20am so we were able to head straight there after meeting Mickey, Minnie and goofy.

Mission space is another ride I can't do so while DH and Dd were on there I popped over to mouse gear and collected our passholder sliders for our annual pass renewal. Today was a glorious sunny day so I had a seat outside mission space in the sun and checked the app for another fastpass for DD and DH and was able to get test track for 11.10am.

We had about half an hour until the test track fastpass so we wandered over to the bo peep play park that's part of the flower and garden festival offerings. We spent half an hour or so here while Dd played and we enjoyed a nice sit in the shade.

Dd and DH were off to do test track next but unfortunately it was down, I quickly checked MDE and the fastpass was now a multiple experience/any time fastpass so a quick search enabled me to select a soarin fastpass for 12.50 for all 3 of us.

This left us with abit of time before this and we were feeling hungry by now. The plan had originally been to eat at the flower and garden booths but we really fancied the boulangerie in France so we slowly made our way there. Between us w got 2 croque monsieurs to share, these were served warm and were really good! Plenty of gooey cheese inside.

DH had a bowl of lobster bisque and I dipped my crusts in it. This was really tasty! I could have eaten one to myself.

We also shared the duo au chocolate dessert, this is white and milk chocolate mouse on a chocolate cake base and covered in chocolate ganache. This is delicious and really lovely served cold.

Total cost for our lunch came to $29.98 and we were all suitably filled. I checked and test track was now up and running so we walked back down to future world and DD and DH used their fastpasses.
We were now in our soarin window so we walked over via the butterfly tent and spent some time looking at the fliers and butterflies.
We then walked over to the land pavilion and used our soarin fastpass and then after this Dd and DH went on spaceship earth before heading back to wilderness lodge.

Dd was wanting to go in the pool again so we spent an hour in and out of the pool before ordering some food to take back upto our room for dinner. Dd had chicken nuggets which came with fries, a side of apple slices and a chocolate milk.

DH and I shared the roast beef sandwich and the pulled pork sandwich. Neither was anything special, however the serving of fries with them was very generous! The total came to $30.86.

Tonight's plan was a wander around Disney springs. Unfortunately when we arrived I realised I've maybe been over doing it the past few days, my feet were killing me and really quite swollen. I didn't want it to be a wasted journey though so we slowly made our way round to sprinkles where we got a cupcake each.
DH chose dark chocolate
Dd got a sprinkles cupcake

I picked a salty caramel cupcake.
These were $4.95 each.

We then walked back towards the car where we came across a street entertainer outside the daily poutine/arts fountain. We sat and watched his magic performance which was really good! We then called it a day and returned to wilderness lodge where DH and I ate our sprinkles cupcakes and we had a chill in the room until bedtime.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 7 Apr 19 1:16 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day hope your swollen feet are ok after a nights rest

Joan
Old 7 Apr 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sorry about your feet, I remember that feeling well!
Your day sounds lovely, the flower festival is so beautiful and the food all looks amazing, especially the croque monsiuers! Yummy.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

ooooo not great about our swollen feet, a wee rest required. Another good day of fast passing, I'm sooooo impressed.