Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Apr 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
New York after Christmas

A dream of mine has always been to see the Rocker fella Christmas Tree, working in a school I am tied to school holidays, but have recently come into a little bit of money which would make it possible.

I'm wondering how busy it is in the few days after Christmas so Boxing Day until 30th, is it still mental with Christmas Shoppers?

I really just want to see the tree but would take the children so would likely do the ESB and a few other landmarks too.
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

We are going 28th to 3rd Jan this year, like you been a dream of mine plus ut's my treat to the family as I retire from the Energency services after 30 years.
It is one of the busiest times if year but like you we are tied to school hols.
We're just going to go with it, try and stay away from Times Sq and just enjoy it.
I think planning is key , we're still undecided whether to buy passes or pay individually to avoid the q's
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We did Christmas to NYE a few years ago - it was busy but manageable! I did a trippy (in my signature) if you would like more details (we have kids too )

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

You’ve got to see the rockettes Christmas show,at radio city hall.
It’s spectacular & I would love to see it again.
We went on a girls trip & thoroughly enjoyed it,I really recommend it.
I would definitely buy a pass.we had the 7 attraction explorer pass from ATD,but they also do 3 & 5 attractions.
The lines to buy normal tickets,were really long,in every attraction,but with the pass,you join a different line & they were so much shorter,especially for 9/11 museum & ESB.
Also do the ride at night,great fun & really enjoyable.
I need to go back,love NY!
Tracy x
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Can’t offer any advice but we too are planning on going to NY from 26th to 31st December this year, it’s a surprise for our children after a very difficult 8 months. I’m hoping to see the Rockettes Christmas show as it looks amazing. We’re also hoping to having afternoon tea at Tiffany’s 😁. It looks an amazing time of year to visit xxx
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List