Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Aug 18-No chaps in uniform this time- Day 2 AK & MK dessert party

Aug 18 – No chaps in uniform this time – Day 2 AK & MK Dessert party

Disney steps 20,032 7.76 miles

Unsurprisingly we were all tired and slept well last night so it wasn’t what you would call 9am rope drop ready this morning. I woke everyone up at 8 and we made a rush to animal Kingdom arriving about 10 – we decided to splash out on preferred parking (after yesterday’s mammoth walking I’m not even sure how my ankle (5 surgeries including ligament reconstruction and cartilage repair) was even functioning today!
I was happily surprised that preferred parking gave you bottles of water. Maps and show times so no picking them up once in. It cost us $23 top up fee.

First stop Kali River Rapids and then only a little wet we made our first fast pass of the day - Expedition Everest followed by heading over to Tri-teratop Spin on the way to
Restaurantosarus to get Millie some chicken nuggets and fries knowing that she wouldn’t eat much at lunchtime, we were booked at Yak & Yeti.

Me Steve and Morgan shared a fantastic snack credit which was the chilli chips cheese plus a couple of Diet Coke‘s and we also took some stuff from the side toppings bar lettuce and tomatoes.
We. Must have been hungry as we had demolished most of it before we remembered to take the photos. Sorry!

Before we left Expedition Everest we had picked up a Das pass so Morgan Stephen Millie went back to do that and I wandered over via the toilet to the Safari ready for our next fast pass.

Hippos, birds, crocs, giraffes, elephants and rhinos later and we were needing a cool down – only one thing for it: Dole Whips and Malva cake from Tamu Tamu refreshments.

By the time we had rested, cooled off a little, wandered around Zuris sweet shop picked up a few TShirts and taken the obligatory photos with the tree it was time for lunch at Yak & Yeti!

Steve and I had the honey chicken,
Morgan had the Bhaktaphur Duck
and Millie had a bowl of rice.

For dessert we had fried wontons – I was a little underwhelmed to be honest,
new York cheesecake
and the pineapple cake which was very nice.
The food was amazing overall but the service was slow and we were up against time for a Navi River fastpass so we had to rush them for the check – it turned out they took 4 TS credits, my fault for not double checking but front desk at POFQ sorted it as soon as I spoke to them later. Navi River was the second time Morgan and I had done it but a first for Steve and Millie – I love the calmness and the music – I have the tune going through my head now. And that was us for AK today, back home for a restful afternoon and then out to Magic Kingdom for our treat Happily Ever after dessert party and EMH. The beauty of two weeks pure Disney is we don’t have to cram lots into a visit to a park and being onsite means we can come and go easily.

After a lie down, cold drink and more flamin hot Cheetos
we were back on our way to Magic Kingdom and on Main Street by 5.30 for a photopass picture or two.
Then we were just mooching and getting photos – if you are on photopass do not miss out on the photo booths which are all included. Have to visit the purple wall of course
and then we queued for the dessert party.

Now the food is plentiful but mega sweet – the brilliant cheeseburger egg rolls were included – mmmmmm yummmmyyy.
So we ate a plateful of cake and felt a bit sicky and then Morgan who had obviously read up more than me ! ) jumped up and decreed she was going down to the grass already. Amazing move my young padawan – I have taught you well. She bagged the space right at the front next to the gates – we couldn’t have had a better view. We all joined her ( after Steve had been to grab Millie chicken nuggets and chips from Cosmic Rays) and waited to see if people would sit or stand. Stand it was today – with some moans and groans – it happens, just go with the flow.
The view was amazing, the fireworks were as always brilliant and we all hugged and pixie dust got in many eyes. One of my best family moments ever. As the advert says – priceless. There was a proposal just before the fireworks so a great night for many. No photos of the fireworks - we were there to soak it all up and watch.

Afterwards we hit Buzz Lightyear, and then Peoplemover – I love this at night – and Morgan was over the moon to find that the lights were on in Space Mountain.
I will never put my arms up in that ride after the first time I saw it with its lights on, who am I kidding I’ll never ride it again – too much for an old bone shaker like me. No spoiler that Space Mountain was closed so we hung around and got more photos in the photo booth. But it wasn’t reopening

Then we wandered round the long path to Fantasyland dodging the smokers (glad it’s the last visit we’ll have to do that) and had a look around Big Top Treats. When we came out we were heading to Big Thunder Mountain and we were given free Olaf cookies , a nice bit of Disney magic, we took 2 but struggled - no more sugar (need to improve on that before MNSSHP)

A quick ride on BTM and we were done – lazier day at Blizzard Beach tomorrow but not before a very early morning phone call so we hit the pillows and slept soundly.

Night night folks. Tomorrow is a big day for someone plus Blizzard Beach and Epcot

Index is HERE
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day. Looking forward to reading more x
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Gosh you're packing loads into your days.

Really enjoying this report so far. Looking forward to the next update.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Dessert party looked like a fab experience 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely day. We're here now but it's going home day for us. I finished my flaming hot cheetos last night (liked your photo!). We also tried the cheeseburger egg rolls yesterday which were yummy and I'm glad I finally managed to try them!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a memorable day. Lovely description, I'm going straight to read the rest of your report.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Dessert party looked like a fab experience 👍
It was incredible and such a good view of the castle
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ethan
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Didn’t know about the photo booths!
Great read, thank you x
Old 11 May 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Captain Ethan View Post
Didn’t know about the photo booths!
Great read, thank you x
All included in the photopass so make the most of them, they do get moved around I think but they are in the space mountain shop, test track shop and speedway exit (driving licence type ones) journey into imagination shop at Epcot and I think there was one somewhere at the Boardwalk
Good way to pass time if you are rain dodging too