Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Apr 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
They despatch a security guard who will then call me if there's an actual breakin

The last one was Christmas.

But I think my issue is always having to be near my phone in case it's a real one, there's no second in command. I'll have a chat with them this morning. I live an hour and a half away so i'm not exactly local!
At 90 minutes away claim for taxis (had a glasses of wine/OH taken car) and see if they still ask you 🤣

On a serious note - did you speak up today?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Check out the European Courts of Justice ruling regarding a Belgian fire fighter being expected to be on stand by where it was ruled Mr Matzak’s stand by time should be considered workin time as it limited his time for rest breaks under the Working Time Directive. Check what your company dictates as you being on call. How far away can you be from these buildings. How much time do you get when you are not considered to be on call. My feeling here is that your employers are not acting legally. You can google the Working Time Directives along with details of the ECJ ruling.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I am wondering what your actual contract/ job description is in relation to what you feel you must do for this job. You have posted a good few times regarding this issue and yet its still not resolved. I really dont want to come across as harsh but has your work said you must do this or are you saying to yourself you must do this. Unfortunately posting about this issue frequently on the dibb isnt going to change anything you need to make the change happen. Your obviously really unhappy and and its effecting your mental health as you have posted before.

If its your boss then my advice would be they have taken advantage for far to long so just leave asap.

If its you then please get some help as to why you feel the need to do so much extra and give up your life for free. Is it maybe a case of you dont know When to switch off.

Please dont take my poat as harsh I honestly come from a good place for your sake please make a change its doing you no good at all. xx

I honestly hope you are getting a big salary for all the anxiety this is causing you.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Can you discuss with your employer updating the alarm system? We were getting loads of false alarms in intruder as the sensors are old. We've updated the system so the sensors recognise heat as well as movement and can tell if it is a human or something like a small animal as well as some other features. Not had a single call out since.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

you live 90 minutes away* ! so thats a 3 hour round trip if you have to attend site + time taken to resolve whatever the issue and your not paid for this?

hope you had a word today & told them to sort it out

* im amazed folk travel so far for work, as ive said before that would be like me travelling to leeds & back every day...!
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List