Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Apr 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Unfortunately nothing has changed for my dates in May.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for those telling us more rooms have appeared. DD and her husband have now booked exactly the dates theywant at the Beach Club, it wasn't available earlier today
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
I was just checking if there was any new availability for our dates (there isn’t). I’ve ended up with a standard room at BC and would ideally have preferred a garden view.
Probably not worth me paying the £5o admin fee though if it becomes available as, if I recall, the difference in price wasn’t much more than that anyway?
Also looking for WL as both me and DH have always wanted to try that but it’s not showing any availability for our dates at all right now. We do love the location of BC so happy to stay there if nothing better shows up
That's a bit of a downer on poor old Beach Club. Just think, there might be someone out there who really wants to stay at Beach Club on your dates but can't because you've booked it and will stay there 'if nothing better shows up'.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Robsie71 View Post
Standard rooms now available for end of August at POFQ when they haven't been up to now so worth checking again as things changing.
BC garden view rooms now available for our dates so, after 1hr 45 queuing on the phone, swapped and paid the £40 difference with no admin fee as the price had gone up (very slightly). Very happy!
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
That's a bit of a downer on poor old Beach Club. Just think, there might be someone out there who really wants to stay at Beach Club on your dates but can't because you've booked it and will stay there 'if nothing better shows up'.
No disrespect to BC at all! We’re very happy to stay there and have done before but both wanted to try WL. It is frustrating that Disney hold back availability like this as from other threads on here it seems a lot of people have booked their 2rd or 3rd choice just to secure the free dining and are then having to amend later. Had to wait nearly 2 hours on the phone today to amend to a garden view from standard, which we would have booked first time if the availability had been there...
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
Showing as available for my dates too. Booked 2 of the garden rooms on 25th when I was initially after 2 standard. Also didn't get the extra $100 per room either.
Maybe being a bit cynical here but get the feeling that this was a deliberate move to get people to take the higher priced rooms during the initial frenzy.
Give Disney a ring - people have been successfully changing room types now there are more available and amendment fees have been waived. Also you could ask them to add on the $100 gift card if you believe you should have had it
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List