Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Apr 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 13 – (6.8.18) Our Wedding Anniversary, Epcot, Magic Kingdom

Now, today is (partly) where my planning failed me. I had been so intent on organising surprises throughout the holiday (Meet the Astronaut Lunch at KSC, Ohana’s Breakfast and the Star Wars Dessert party) that I completely forgot today was mine and DH’s 13th wedding anniversary until a couple of days prior! I realised my mistake and owned up to DH (honest person that I am) and we set about trying to make a new plan that would fit in with our existing plans and would be something special, but for the whole family.
Our original plan had been to spend the morning in Typhoon Lagoon and then move on to MK for our first FP at 3:00pm. Instead we decided to head to Epcot and have the first lunch sitting at 11:30 at San Angel in the Mexican Pavilion. Reason for this? We went to Mexico on our honeymoon and loved it! I think we must have decided on this when we went to Typhoon Lagoon a couple of days ago as that had originally been Blizzard Beach so we had a great big swap around.

Reservation made we decided to visit the caricaturist in the French Pavilion as DD had seen him on our previous visit and decided she wanted to get a caricature done. Plan made!

I was up at 7am and the rest of them got up at 8am. We all got showered and ready and were out of the door by 9.15 having had a light breakfast in the villa.

We parked at MK at 9:45 (as we were leaving from here after the fireworks) and went through bag check before hopping on the monorail to Epcot.

Once in Epcot we first of all headed to the art shop to see if by any chance they had a copy of the print I had searched for the other day. Unfortunately they didn’t.

This is the print I wanted but couldn't find...

After that we went to guest services where we got a badge each for our celebrations.

We then headed slowly through Future World, picking up some photopass pictures on the way around to France, making it there at 11:05 for DD to get her caricature. The stand was open but the artist wouldn’t be there until 12:00 so we said she could have it done after dinner. We continued on with a slow walk around the World Showcase towards Mexico. When we came to Norway we went and picked up a return time for Frozen as I was desperate to ride it again I had loved it so much.

We made it to Mexico at exactly 11:30 and were seated straight away right by the ride which DD loved! She was waving at everyone as they sailed past on the boat.

The meal was absolutely lovely, our server was Angel and was fantastic, we really enjoyed it here.

To drink I had a Horchata Marga (horchata, tequila, rum cream liqueur, agave, and cinnamon whiskey) which was tasty but quite strong!

To start I had sopa Azteca (Mexican tortilla soup), Dh ordered a corona to drink and To start he had a queso fundido (melted cheese, tomato and chorizo) , the children had cheese quesadillas and chicken tenders. Mains were Mole Poblano (meat with chilli and chocolate) and Chile rell camaron (I am unsure exactly what this is but it had chilli in!)

All of the food was delicious and we were absolutely stuffed when we finished. We had already decided to skip dessert and pick something up a little later but when our server asked if we wanted it he insisted that we have a cheesecake for our anniversary! Magic dust right there!

Total OOP was $123.01 plus tip ($23.10) and it was worth every dollar.

We left the restaurant and DH and DD went to France for the caricature while DS and I rode Frozen using his return time.

Once off the ride we walked over to France and I bought a citrus lemon slushie from the stand next to the caricaturist. I drank it and phew! I was feeling a little tipsy after the drink with my meal!

As DD was finished it started to spit and so we made our way through to Future World. As we got to clubcool we decided to duck into the area near the restrooms and stay for a little while just in case it started to rain as we didn’t want DDs picture to get spoilt. Oh my goodness, are we glad that we did! It absolutely chucked it down Florida style!

The rain came down really hard and had we stayed outside the picture would most certainly have been ruined as it only came in a brown paper bag. We used the restrooms and then led on the floor outside them for a little while, the big meal had made us tired! We waited it out for about 20 minutes then had a little drink in clubcool before leafing Epcot at 2:30.

We caught the monorail to MK and left to get the tram back to the car. We wanted to put the caricature back in the car so that it didn’t get ruined and also to change some shoes and DH changed his shirt. We caught the next tram back to the TTC and met the most amazing CM. The guy was from Puerto Rico and interacted with the kids brilliantly. He gave them both some tram cards which he told us they could collect at all parks. He also was very informative and we had a great chat. In my notes I have written “hidden gem!”

We finally made it into MK at 3:40 and used the restroom at the entrance.

We decided to give our FP for Buzz Lightyear (3-4pm) a miss and headed towards 7DMT.

At the castle we got several photopasses before finding a spot in front of the castle to watch Mickey and friends fanfare.

Before it started DH wandered off and picked up ice-creams for us all which we ate while watching the show. The show was very good and once we were cleaned up for the ice cream we carried on towards 7DMT. Great ride again before making our way to Adventureland to try and find cheeseburger spring rolls take 2 for DS!

On the way we visited BTM/SM where we picked up a return time for each using the DAS. We were very naughty here as originally I had gone to SM and the queue was very long. The CM informed me that they were having trouble with their electronic system so gave us a paper ticket. After that we decided to naughtily grab another return time for BTM, which was linked to our magic bands.

Onwards for cheeseburger spring rolls! We found the cart and this time it was open but unfortunately they had no spring rolls left. The CM told us it would be a 10 minute wait so we decided to wait. We took a seat on a bench opposite and whilst waiting I changed the HM FP as DD was absolutely adamant she did not want to ride it again. I managed to pick up a close FP for jungle cruise so swapped it for that instead. As we had been sat for quite a while waiting for the spring rolls we were getting fed up of waiting and were just about to head over to JC when we saw a CM wheeling a large container…the spring rolls had arrived! We immediately hopped in line for those for DS.
We bought 2 cheeseburger spring rolls (no receipt for cost I’m afraid) and all had a try.

They were actually pretty good! I thought they were pretty greasy but tasty. A CM recommended we try them with duck sauce, DS didn’t fancy this but DH and I did and it was delicious.

Spring rolls quickly polished off we used the FP entrance for JC where the cast member wished us a happy anniversary and told us to lower our expectations! Ha ha ha! This was a really good ride which we all enjoyed. After JC I picked up a FP for PoC and so we headed there. Again, we all really enjoyed this ride.

Upon leaving the gift shop we headed back through Adventureland where we rode SM and then BTMR. I think BTMR is my favourite ride of MK! We managed to dab on SM as we remembered where the camera was from our ride the other day!

We walked through Liberty square and into the Christmas Gift shop where we spent some time browsing the decorations. In the end I chose 2 decorations as I couldn’t narrow it down to just 1! Total cost of these was $42.58 incl tax.

Decorations in hand we went to Storybook treats as DD wanted to get a Peter Pan Float as she had seen them on Tim Tracker!

We queued up and bought 2 Peter Pan Floats (DD and DH) and a Sprite float (DS). With these in hand we then walked over to Gaston’s Tavern as I really wanted to try a Le Fou’s Brew and a cinnabun. We got to Gaston’s Tavern at 8:10pm to find that it was closed….absolutely gutted! Oh well, maybe next time hey?!

With a disappointed face I made my way back to Storybook Treats where I chose a coke float. We took our drinks and went to sit in front of the castle ready for the fireworks. It was already very busy in front of the castle (it must have been approaching 8:30 by this point) so we weaved in and out of all the people to fit a spot and we actually got a great view! I sat down and strategically placed the bags and DS while DH took DD to use the restroom.

In that time a CM came along and told us to all stand up. In doing so we all ended up surging forward and this was no mean feat trying to save a space for DH and DD and keep an eye on DS but we managed it and I am really pleased that we tried as the view was great. Aside form IPads but hey, you all know about the Ipads and fireworks right?!

I thought that the fireworks was spectacular and I was really torn with where to look as it was all around. We left with the scrum and although I haven’t written it down I know that it was not a pleasant walk down Main Street with people barging past and ramming us with prams whilst we tried to keep hold of a child each. I really wish I’d remembered that we could walk down the arcade at the back of the Emporium to get out, it might have saved our sanity a little bit.

We made it to the TTC and decided to take the bus to the car park instead of the monorail and boat as the whole place was absolutely heaving. This was a good idea in essence but once we approached the queue for the car park buses a CM really annoyed DH. He told us to continue walking to the next queue where there was a coach. We got towards the front and the driver said he had room for 8. I counted up quickly those in front and including ourselves there were 10 so we stopped. The 2 behind us got on and then 2 more went through even though I had counted. I was also cross by this point as they had taken our spot and we had tired young children. What had made DH cross was the queue we had been heading to had a bus that was just filling up with a queue of people but we were now stuck in another queue. We eventually got on the next bus and were at the car park in no time. We found our car and were back at the villa, exhausted, by 11pm.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great impromptu anniversary day in the end. Love DD’s picture, hope you got it home safely
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Sounds like a great impromptu anniversary day in the end. Love DD’s picture, hope you got it home safely
It was thank you. We managed to get the caricature home safely and after 6 months it is finally on her wall now we've redecorated her room.

VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely anniversary meal for you! It can be stressful leaving MK with the hoards can’t it! We find it worse as our son is a wheelchair user too!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Lovely anniversary meal for you! It can be stressful leaving MK with the hoards can’t it! We find it worse as our son is a wheelchair user too!
Thanks for reading. Oh, I imagine it can be really difficult with a wheelchair. It wasn't until after I remembered I read about a back way out from Casey's corner, have you used that?