Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Apr 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Apple Watch, pros, cons help me decide!

I’ve been thinking about buying and Apple Watch for ages but I never 100% decide, do you have one? What are the benefits over just carrying a phone about and using that?
Part of me thinks I’m missing out on something but the other part of me feels it’s a big con!
If I do get one should I wait till I’m in Florida in September or get one now?
Is it better to go for the newest model or get a second hand one?
Perhaps you can all see why I’ve not got one yet🤣🤣🤣

Edited at 06:22 PM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

I’ve got an Apple Watch (series 3 I think? ) I do like it but the novelty definitely wears off with it. I have other nice watches so don’t wear it all the time either. DH bought it me when the 4 was released as I didn’t want him to spend all that money on the new one for what I use it for. It’s handy for checking messages but not really for replying. The activity tracking is good so if that’s your main reason for buying then it’s probably worth it.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

I love my Apple watch. I don't always hear my phone in my bag, especially text messages and now I always know. I am a teacher and I use it to set timers so I do not let the class spend too long on a task. I love having photos of my family and friends on my wrist that I can glance at, they remind me how loved and supported I am when I am low.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
No cons... except for price maybe. Both DW and I have them and used the walkie talkie option plenty of times in WDW when going on rides on our own!

Also to add... DS fav characters from holiday... Buzz and Woody. This clockface was amazing for him!

Get one!
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Love mine! Great to access messages on the go, i often don’t hear my phone in my bag. It’s not easy to reply with anything other than a simple short answer. I also haven’t found a way of going into WhatsApp once you come out of it. But that might just be me? I have a series 4 and I didn’t get cellular because of the additional cost, but I actually wish I had ... it would be super useful when walking the dog etc to not have to carry phone with me.

Oh and I do of course love having a Minnie Mouse clock face
Th1nkT1nk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

It's effectively a glorified notifications centre for iPhone. That's not necessarily bad thing - it's handy to be able to get important notifications without having to look at your phone. (I was driving recently when my son's school had to unexpectedly close. They sent a text that started Schools closed in all caps. A glance at my watch was enough to see this and know that I needed to pull over to sort it out.) And I'll see an alert of my watch more readily than I might hear it or see it on my phone alone.

The main reason that I have one though is in order to see my blood glucose levels and also now remotely control my insulin pump. I think Apple Watches have immense value for people using these kinds of medical apps - again it can alert me as to what my levels are doing whilst I'm driving. I honestly don't think cold justify the cost if it weren't for that.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I had one but I sold it. He thing which really annoyed me to the point of selling it was the alarm on it if you hold the button in. In my job I was constantly setting it off in the middle of the shop when I was working because of the way it sat on my wrist and my arm pressed into it. I even tried turning it around but it still happened. I really didn’t use it for anything other than the time and my steps. But that’s because I never learned how to use it properly.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
DD has an Apple watch but I have a Fitbit Versa. I love Fitbit for all the things it does but the benefits of the Versa is that I get all my notifications on it, basically any notification that comes up on my phone I can get on the Versa.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've had an Apple watch for a couple of years and love it. It motivates me to exercise (I started running again when I got it), I use it for tracking workouts, for phone notifications (discreetly checking emails/messages/etc), and there are a couple of other apps I use it with. Also useful for Apple pay when I don't feel like getting out my phone.

Oh and I finally switched from PC to Mac last year, and my Apple Watch unlocks my Macbook! Which is a nice bonus.

I'll add that my iPhone is almost always with me, so I never use my (Series 3 non cellular) Apple Watch in isolation.

If I were to get an Apple Watch right now I'd personally get the Series 4, mainly for the slightly larger screen.