Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Oct 18, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Sweet Tomatoes looks amazing. I've never been there.

The eat like Walt book is on Amazon. amazon/Like-Walt-M...at+like+ walt
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fab report, as ever! Thanks, Looking forward to your California one!
Old 19 Nov 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Blaze for breakfast sounds great. The gnocchi dish looks amazing. I fancy Ragland road as keep reading really good things about it. Great table too!
Haha breakfast Blaze is the way forward! Yes the gnocchi is so so good, I highly recommend it! Hopefully they won't take it off the menu again! xxxx

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The views across the water from Dockside Margaritas look great, the sunset is lovely. How exciting that your last dinner was one of your favourite meals!
Aww it was honestly so so beautiful! So peaceful and relaxing. And yeah that was so lucky! I honestly was so happy when I saw it was back in our lives! xxxx

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
Sweet Tomatoes looks amazing. I've never been there.

The eat like Walt book is on Amazon. amazon/Like-Walt-M...at+like+ walt
Ahhh you must go, it's so great! So cheap as well!

Aww thank you so much that's so kind of you to find it! May have to treat myself xxxxx

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
Fab report, as ever! Thanks, Looking forward to your California one!
Thank you so much! Thanks for reading Ahhh yes Cali is next, I need to finish my wedding report though haha! Oops xxxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Day 8 - Thursday 26th April

Last day

Our last day boooooo! This was very much a low key day with not much happening; our flight was at 5.30 so we’d booked a shuttle for 1ish. We decided to go out for a final leisurely brunch/lunch at one of our absolute faves, Friendly's We checked out of our beloved Comfort Inn and stashed our bags before strolling down I Drive one last time.

We got to Friendly's about 11.15. What a beautiful sight it was.

We headed in and it was dead, so we were happy to get a dreamy booth seat right in the middle of the restaurant. We had a really sweet server who didn’t mind my indecisiveness and general inability to pick something off the menu. Eventually, we were ready to roll for our weird late brekkie/early lunch eating extravaganza. Firstly, milkshakes! I just think everybody needs to get a milkshake when they go to Friendly’s, they are so SO good!

I got the incredibly butter pecan double thick shake which tragically I don’t seem to have a pic of, and Ben went for the timeless strawberry ‘Fribble’ (what they call some of their milkshakes)

For lunch, I opted for the ‘Indecisive Special’ AKA ‘Create Your Own Munchie Mania’ which I think might just be the best name for a dish in the history of dishes.

I could pick any 3 from these enticing options:

Cheeseburger Sliders

Loaded Waffle Fries

Waffle Fries

Mac & Cheese Bites

Mini Mozzarella Sticks

Cheesy Bacon Potato Skins

Pepperoni Pizza Bites

I went for the sliders, the loaded waffle fries, and the pizza bites. It came out and looked amazing and I was very excited, but unfortunately it just fell a bit flat. Everything was okay but it wasn’t super hot or flavourful or seasoned enough. A bit of a shame, I should have just got a sammie and fries and been done with it but hey, that’s chronic indecisiveness and food FOMO for you!

Benj was much more sensible and went for the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato bisque, with a side of waffle fries because he just felt he needed some waffle fries in his life that day. His was really really good, the soup was so flavourful! I was mega jelly but also happy that he was happy, and he ate the whole lot!

I was defeated! The several gallons of ice cream I’d drunk alongside my meal probably didn’t help in all honesty, but there was also a lottttttt of food.

The bill was pleasingly minimal and we paid up and got the heck out of there. It was about 12.30 by now so pretty perfect timing for us to get back to the Comfort Inn, collect our bags and wait for our shuttle.

The Mears shuttle came a bit late and it was all a bit stressful because the driver seemed incredibly stressed out and no one was really sure why. We loaded our bags in the van and went off to our second stop where things got even more tense because there was 1 more person than the lady had expected and lets just say she was not happy about it at all. We sat there for about 10 minutes while she called her boss and spoke to the people then called her boss again...eventually I guess there was space because all the people got in the van and we set off to MCO. Side note - Mears shared shuttles are really great and so cheap and I’d def recommend them, we just got a bit of a crazy driver. It happens. It was still really cheap though.

We arrived at MCO and bought some snacks with our remaining dollars, including this exciting houmous/bagel thin combo which I was pretty psyched for!

Our plane left on time and we were given this little menu to peruse. A good line up, we thought!

Can you imagine my joy at seeing the creamy mushroom farfalle!? Dream! In a shock move though, I opted for the Teriaki Chicken! Let me explain. Basically, I’d been really wanting to try Panda Express all holiday but we literally hadn’t seen it anywhere! I then read there was one at our gate at MCO so got excited all over again, but when we looked there was no Panda Express to be seen so I’m not sure what I’d been looking at Anyway, so when I saw that on the menu I thought I may as well try it - and it was really really good! I’m skipping ahead though, Benj got his lacto-ovo menu first which yet again was vegan It was some kind of roasted aubergine ragu and he said it was actually really nice. Yet again he was devo’d by the meagre pudding offering of mandarins... bless him. I wonder if one day he’ll actually get lacto-ovo when he asks for it!?

I took photos of all the elements of my dinner because I was really impressed with it!

Exciting American cheese!

Yummy spread!

The world’s GREATEST plane pudding OMG this was so good! I ate it a while later while I watched a movie!

And my meal itself! This was so so good; it was sweet, sticky and tangy, the perfect balance of each. I loved it!

Overall this was a very enjoyable airplane meal experience for us, apart from Benji’s lame pudding. Fast forward about 6 hours to breakfast...

I was bought a delicious cheese croissant, a blueberry yoghurt, and a cereal bar. The croissant was really nice, I didn’t fancy the yoghurt and I saved the Aussie bar! It was nice when I ate it at home!

I don’t seem to have photos of Ben’s but he definitely got the Aussie bar and also another cereal bar, and we think some fruit too. Yum!

So that was technically the last holiday food we ate but I do feel it’s important to share our food haul that I artfully arranged for Instagram when we got back…

Pretty impressive, huh! We were eating this for weeks afterwards and it was so nice to know we had a stash of American treats to delve into when we were having a bad day or had serious Disney blues! Which was like, every day immediately following the holiday. Sigh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that’s it folks! I really hope you’ve all enjoyed my food trippie and I’m so so sorry it’s taken so long to complete! This little week away really was so much fun and such a treat, we’re both so so glad we saved so hard to make it happen, on top of our big California trip We both have really fond memories of the week, and it was great to know we COULD do a week and still feel like we’d had a decent trip. I think we packed a lot into those 7 days! Obviously the food was pretty much all awesome too, as is so often the case with Florida holidays! I think my favourite meal was the lobster I had at Bahama Breeze because it was so unusual and such a great blend of flavours! Close second would be our lunch at The Polite Pig because the food was delish and it was lovely to share a few appetisers, enjoy a cocktail and sit outside soaking in the atmosphere of Disney Springs Benj’s favourite meal was Yard House! He absolutely loved the veggie buffalo wings, it was the first time we’d ever had them, and again it being our first evening just made it even more special His second favourite was our dinner at The Plaza; he says it was lovely to eat at the MK and the atmosphere was really nice, plus his Fried Green Tomato sandwich was the bomb.com!

Overall, this was an amazing week-long bonus trip with incredible food, super fun experiences, and memories we’ll treasure forever Thank all you all for reading and for leaving such lovely comments! Until the next trippie! xxxxxxxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Carpgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We were at Bahama Breeze last night and I ordered Lobster Mac n cheese based on your trip report. I think it’s the yummiest thing I’ve ever tasted. I loved it! So thank you for writing your report as I never would have chosen it otherwise🙂
Carpgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Loved your new trip report. We are considering doing just a week next year, so it was great to see just how much you managed to fit in.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I can't see any of the pictures from your last post x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ethan
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I can't see any of the pictures from your last post x
Neither can I! 😭
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great food/trip report but I can’t see any of the last days photos either.
Looking forward to your next trip report.x
Old 10 Feb 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

I’ve just finished your TR after starting it last year before my holiday. I tried the jackfruit tacos on our arrival night and I’m pleased I tried them but not sure I would again. I think it was the texture or maybe the fact we’d been up about 20 hours! Anyway loved the rest of the report and looking forward to the next one.