Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 Mar 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Just the Two of Us at DLP Feb 2019 - Day Two 20.02.19 *part one*

I will start this installment by apologising, I seem to have lost the 2nd page of my notes for this day so will have to try and rely on my memory and photos to guide us through the day!

Day Two

After such a busy travel day the day before I am sure it won't come as much of a surprise when I say we did not quite make it up for my 6.30am alarm! We didn't get out of bed until 7am which meant is was 7.30am before we arrived at breakfast. There wasn't much of a queue to get in but we did have to wait about 5 minutes to be shown to a table. I much prefer this though than the old way of having to find a table yourself!

I had one plate of bacon, eggs and potatoes, a couple of pain au chocolats and a bread roll with some cheese (Weight Watchers was now a distant memory ). Liv had two croissants with Nutella and a bread roll. We also had a couple of glasses of orange juice to wash it all down.

We were done with breakfast by 8am and it was time to hit the parks for EMT. Olivia wanted to get the bus this morning as her legs were a bit tired from the day before. By the time we go through security at the other end it was 8.20am and we joined a very long queue to get into the Studios.

Just as we got through the gate director goofy was making his way to his meet location. We were the 2nd people in the queue and had a lovely meet with him - he loved our Princess and Pirate badges!

Whilst everyone else was running crush we went the opposite way and headed straight for RnR. There was no queue at all. Liv hadn't been on this ride for a few years and didn't like it last time as the music was too loud but that wasn't a problem this year. I found it really rough though, I smack my head more times than I could count!

We got off and Liv uttered the words I was dreading..."Can we go on again".. my bruised head was going "no, no, no, no" but being the nice Mummy I am my mouth said "Yes, of course darling"

The second time wasn't actually as bad, we were in the middle of the train and I definitely didn't feel quite as shaken around. We also had a better soundtrack on this one so overall I was actually quite glad we'd done it again!

I was half expecting Liv to ask to do it a 3rd time but to my relief she didn't! Instead we headed to Tower of Terror. Again, there was no queue at all and before we knew it we were making our way into the Library. I've said it before and I'll say it again, for me, this is without a doubt THE best ride in Disneyland Paris. I loved how the CMs stay in character the entire time, the themeing inside the whole building is incredible and the ride itself is so exhilarating.

We got off the ride and I noticed it was 09.44 so I quickly raced outside to get a WiFi connection so that I could try and get a Lineberty slot for one of the characters. SUCCESS! I managed to get a slot with Mickey which was showing as being about 45 minutes away.

As there was still no queue Liv asked if we could do ToT again, she was feeling a lot braver and wanted to try having a go without holding on!

The CM operating our lift recognised us and said that we must be "thirsty for more".

It was now 9.35am and the park was starting to get a little busier, as we had about 1/2 an hour before our Lineberty slot we decided to try out RC racer. The main queue was showing at 40 minutes but single-rider was only 20 minutes so we did that.

Liv got to go on first, she was a little nervous going on without me but soon had her hands up!

I was on the very next ride and Liv really enjoyed waving to me!

We couldn't have time it any better as once I got off the ride my phone was vibrating to let me know it was time to go and meet Mickey.

We arrived at the Toon Studios meet and were checked in by the Lineberty team. There were about 5 groups in front of us so it was a little wait until it was our turn.

This has to be one of my favourite character meets, ever! As soon as we walked up Mickey noticed Olivia's "Team Pirates" badge and immediately turned her around and told her to leave! He saw that I was Team Princess and took my hand and kissed it. He then walked off with me wagging his finger at Olivia.

Olivia told Mickey she loved Pirates AND princesses so he decided to forgive her and let her have a photo with him. As we were leaving he made a cross sign on her badge and wagged his finger again.

As the park was now officially open we thought we'd try and pick up a fastpass. Liv's choice... ToT! Only one of the 5 fastpass machines was working so there was quite a long queue but before long we walked away with two fastpasses for 11.25-11.55.

We had a wander around the studios for a bit with no real purpose before deciding on doing the 11am showing of the Stunt Show.

I love this show, it was nice to sit and rest our feet for a bit and the fact that the sun was shining was a nice bonus.

We had to rush once the stunt show had finished to make to ToT for our fastpass time but made it just in time!

We got on the front row for ToT this time, the CM we had here (didn't catch her name but she has red hair in a bob) was fantastic! She was 100% in character.

We decided to have a go on Parachutes and Ratatouille next, both using the single rider queue. This was a definite advantage of being here with just Olivia. We enjoyed both rides, I loved getting a sneak peak at the expansion site from the Parachutes.. it's going to be HUUUUUGE! I'm glad we go to use the single rider queue for Ratatouille as the main queue was already showing as 85 minutes!

***This is where my notes run out***

We headed over to try and do Stitch Live but it was down for technical reasons (they had a power problem in that whole building which affected Disney Jr, Stitch and the Spiderman M&G) so instead we decided to leave the studios and head to Disneyland Parc as we had a
lunch reservation at Plaza Gardens.

As we were leaving the brass band were playing so we stopped and watched them for about 5 minutes. Olivia has just started learning the trombone so was really excited to see the trombonists playing.

To be continued...
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think we must have literally crossed paths swapping parks this day!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

I love looking at others faces on ToT pics
Good use of time so far on this day.
Is there a certain time each day that Lineberty starts to operate? Any tips gratefully received as all I’ve done so far is download the app...
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
I love looking at others faces on ToT pics
Good use of time so far on this day.
Is there a certain time each day that Lineberty starts to operate? Any tips gratefully received as all I’ve done so far is download the app...
The lineberty slots get released 45 minutes before the character set starts, the main one is in the morning at 9.45. You literally have to be on the app right as the clock turns to 9.45 to stand a chance of getting a slot. You can only hold one slot at a time, so sometimes it's worth putting it on multiple devices if you want to be able to try and pick up slots for each of the character sets.

Once you get a slot it will tell you roughly how long it is until your turn, this time can change though so it's worth keeping an eye on it. Once it's your turn you then have 30 minutes to make it over to the meet.

If you miss out on slots during the initial opening you can also keep checking the app as they occasionally release tickets back into the system throughout the day.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Another busy start. Think I’m going to follow your tip one morning and head for RnRC rather than Crush. We’ve never done the Paris version and this is a Florida fave so we are keen to get in a few rides.
I’m the only one in my family who will ride ToT, it makes dh and dd feel ill. I’m looking forward to It!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List