Notices

Old 11 Apr 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Oh no I am going to go against the grain and say I prefer the new fries at kfc to their old ones! 🙈🙊 although McD's still trump them either way..😂😂
I agree with Abby, you are lucky to have a good KFC!

I read Tara's post when I was still at work and was going to invite her and Abby to my KFC for some yummy fries, but I see that plan has been vetoed.

Tara, I didn't know that everyone had been struggling to get Sci-Fi in October, thanks for that, it makes me feel a bit better! I swore we would never be back after almost contracting frostbite on our last visit but as we are going OOP and it's so reasonably priced I thought it would be nice to return. Abby is right, their milkshakes are fantastic, I also love their cherry coke and fully believe their burgers are the best in Disney.

I've managed to convince Nik that Hollywood & Vine is far too expensive so I'm back to crossing my fingers Sci-Fi slots appear soon. I do hope you get one and it's a great experience dining there.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post

I read Tara's post when I was still at work and was going to invite her and Abby to my KFC for some yummy fries, but I see that plan has been vetoed.

Tara, I didn't know that everyone had been struggling to get Sci-Fi in October, thanks for that, it makes me feel a bit better! I swore we would never be back after almost contracting frostbite on our last visit but as we are going OOP and it's so reasonably priced I thought it would be nice to return. Abby is right, their milkshakes are fantastic, I also love their cherry coke and fully believe their burgers are the best in Disney.

I've managed to convince Nik that Hollywood & Vine is far too expensive so I'm back to crossing my fingers Sci-Fi slots appear soon. I do hope you get one and it's a great experience dining there.
Cherry coke is Kate's number 1 favourite drink. Were you two separated at birth?

We ate at hollywood and vine on our first ever trip. It was booked last minute, we booked it on about day 11 of the holiday for the next day! It was not a character dining meal at that point at least not while we are dinner there...We enjoyed it, but we haven't ever been back. Unfortunately Pete calling it Hollywood and Slime has really taken hold with me and I can't bring myself to book it up, not that I'm short of choice. It's a good thing to at least have some places ruled out.

I'm now leaning towards AKL for next year...eek...It would mean we could finally eat at Sanaa, Boma and Jiko! Kate was seriously cross at the idea of not having TS. Max doesn't care one way or the other and Dave doesn't even know that free dining was announced yesterday.

Edited to add...of course I'd love to come for a visit and not just to sample your fries!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 08:08 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Go for AKL you will love it! Will be our 3rd stay this trip, just love the vibe and the music and Boma...yum!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Go for AKL you will love it! Will be our 3rd stay this trip, just love the vibe and the music and Boma...yum!
I knew if I mentioned it here I'd have you all talking me down from the ledge oh I mean egging me on

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Cherry coke is Kate's number 1 favourite drink. Were you two separated at birth?

We ate at hollywood and vine on our first ever trip. It was booked last minute, we booked it on about day 11 of the holiday for the next day! It was not a character dining meal at that point at least not while we are dinner there...We enjoyed it, but we haven't ever been back. Unfortunately Pete calling it Hollywood and Slime has really taken hold with me and I can't bring myself to book it up, not that I'm short of choice. It's a good thing to at least have some places ruled out.

I'm now leaning towards AKL for next year...eek...It would mean we could finally eat at Sanaa, Boma and Jiko! Kate was seriously cross at the idea of not having TS. Max doesn't care one way or the other and Dave doesn't even know that free dining was announced yesterday.

Edited to add...of course I'd love to come for a visit and not just to sample your fries!
Road trip to Scotland, woo!
Fingers crossed for us both with those Sci Fi bookings...DH is flying out to Boston on adr day but luckily not leaving until early afternoon, so we’ll both be logged in, frantically tapping away! Or more likely, I’ll be barking orders at him and he’ll panic so I’ll shove him out of the way and do it all

Abby, I’ll provide a full rundown on AKL once we’ve been! I’m not actually planning on us eating at Boma or Jiko, too many character meals to squeeze in...but I’ll see how that pans out.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Yes, yes, yes to AKL! Would you push the boat out and go for Savannah view?

I can't wait to hear what you make of Boma.

Don't be put off by the people who say it is far away from everything, it's not so far that it's an issue.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Fingers crossed for us both with those Sci Fi bookings...DH is flying out to Boston on adr day but luckily not leaving until early afternoon, so we’ll both be logged in, frantically tapping away! Or more likely, I’ll be barking orders at him and he’ll panic so I’ll shove him out of the way and do it all

Abby, I’ll provide a full rundown on AKL once we’ve been! I’m not actually planning on us eating at Boma or Jiko, too many character meals to squeeze in...but I’ll see how that pans out.
You must do Boma, breakfast or dinner you can't go wrong. Do you have a pool day planned any time? They serve breakfast until very late. Now I am almost talking myself into booking, we are only doing 2 TS breakfasts this year
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post

I find I'm better off booking alone, somehow it's not a group activity. I've never tried to get anyone else to help with ADRs but last year I thought the kids could also help out with FP booking. It did not go well I started getting cross with them for not being able to read my mind stitch was eating the page and I ended up sending them out of the room and closing the door .

I'm sure your DH is much better at reading your mind than my kids

Yes, yes, yes to AKL! Would you push the boat out and go for Savannah view?

I can't wait to hear what you make of Boma.

Don't be put off by the people who say it is far away from everything, it's not so far that it's an issue.
Savannah view? Don't know. The restaurants are a big pull for me. I'm not too fussed about the distance. For us all the resorts have felt a long way from MK and that would be the biggest journey from AKL. We have been spoiled by fairly short bus journeys to HS and Epcot though. At least with AKL the bus won't take 15 minutes to get around the resort before it gets going.

Old 27 Apr 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi Abby, I noticed that you were planning on booking for next year? Did you get sorted, when and were are you going?

We’ve bit the bullet and provisionally booked for August at FQ.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Hi Abby, I noticed that you were planning on booking for next year? Did you get sorted, when and were are you going?

We’ve bit the bullet and provisionally booked for August at FQ.

Kat
How to answer this? Um...

Well, I've made a placeholder booking for next summer You know just in case we decide we want to go back.

We may think that we don't want to return.

We may think there is somewhere else we want to visit.

We may decide that WDW isn't for us anymore.

But I was thinking that if I just book up for 1 person pay the £50 deposit to secure the room and the free dining then if we do decide we want to go back next year as well, then we've got the option and we won't have missed out.

Plus I haven't exactly spoken to Dave about next year he's adamant every year that he doesn't need to go again so I'm hoping the lure of Star Wars land will win him over especially as we miss the opening of it this summer by a measly 2 weeks

So, at the moment, I am booked up to go back to CBR for two weeks by myself. I can add the others when (I mean if) we decide we want to go back next year.

Actually, thinking about it maybe I won't add anyone else and do a solo trip