Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Apr 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

We will book the BC with ATD for next year. We will have our son wo will be 3 Years old ( 35 month). is the BC a fun resort for him?
DigitalOlli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DigitalOlli View Post
We will book the BC with ATD for next year. We will have our son wo will be 3 Years old ( 35 month). is the BC a fun resort for him?
Yes - the pool is great for a 3 year old - they have a sand covered shallow pool for the little ones they can play with bucket and spade.

Cape May Character Breakfast is a must
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think my user name says it all! We love the BC and the whole Crescent Lake area - I just booked our 9th stay for next September. We keep saying we'll try somewhere else again but just keep going back You will be spoiled for staying anywhere else.
These are some room pics. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post13056863
and a mini tour around the resort
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=925073
and this is the walk around Crescent Lake
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1064754
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 02:14 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I’m staying at the Beach Club next week having only ever stayed next door at the Yacht Club (this was not available to us with free DDP this trip).
You cannot beat the location imo - the one thing nobody has mentioned so far is that not all rooms at the BC have a full balcony, which is what I like. I sit there with my morning coffee, writing my blog and watching the area come to life.
I believe it’s only 2nd and 4th (top) floors that have full balconies, so if this is important to you, then make sure you request one of these floors. Otherwise, you get a tiny Juliet balcony that you can barely step out onto.
We’ve put in an a request through our Travel Counsellor at time of booking and it’s on the WDW invoice, so fingers crossed.

Being at IG for rope drop is no disadvantage because there are less people there and if I remember rightly, they prescreen your bags before the rope drop bit. The countries are not open as early as the entrance bit (or weren’t when we were there last), so you do have to get to the bits that are open, I don’t remember it being an issue though
Thanks for that. Good to know the information about the balconies. We've only booked a standard view so I'm not sure that we would be doing much sitting out there soaking up the view but it might be nice for the extra space.

Good to know the information about rope drop too. It seems an awfully long walk if we were planning to hot foot it over to test track first thing. Can you still get in at the international gateway for PPO breakfasts?

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Look at touringplans room planner tool... If you want quiet go for garden view towards epcot.

You refill your mug at the Beachclub Market place... Short walk from all the rooms...

Not much in it...
Thanks for the advice, we will have two teenagers and a nearly teenager with us, so I'm not sure quiet will be an option!

Looking at the map the marketplace does look like it shouldn't be too far from anywhere so that's good. When we stayed at OKW, we never bothered filling drinks in the evenings once the turtle pond pool bar was shut as it was just too far to go.

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
It's a beautiful resort with a very laid back ambience about it. As has been said the location is pretty much unbeatable with a short walk into Epcot and a long (25-35 mins depending on your pace & the temperature) walk into HS.

The area around The Boardwalk, the views and atmosphere and just divine, you'll love it
Thanks the more I read and research, the more excited I'm getting. I think you are right that we are going to love it.

Originally Posted by blades View Post
We had a ground floor room at the Yacht club and whilst we had a patio rather than a Balcony it was so quiet on the GF the only thing you had to do was dodge the mobility scooters that were parked up in the corridor. The walk around the Boardwalk at night is great and try and take in a show from Coney Island Chris as this chap is very funny and had our teens in stitches with his jokes
Thanks we will have teens with us too so I'll definitely look out for Coney Island Chris. I think we might be quite happy on the ground floor too. I guess I've got a while to think about it before online check in!

Originally Posted by Yvemc View Post
Location, location, location! We've booked for next summer, this will be our third visit, and for me, the location is the key. Don't get me wrong, the hotel, the pool etc are all outstanding, but the proximity to Epcot, especially at night is unbeatable. We love being able to eat there, watch the fireworks, then it's just a short stroll back to the hotel.
I am looking forward to being near all the restaurants. We tend to like to mainly eat at places that are convenient and from Beach Club we'll certainly have a lot of choice.

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I think my user name says it all! We love the BC and the whole Crescent Lake area - I just booked our 9th stay for next September. We keep saying we'll try somewhere else again but just keep going back You will be spoiled for staying anywhere else.
Thanks, I am getting very excited about staying there. It is most unlike me to just book something I haven't thoroughly researched but it seems to have been a good choice.

The only thing that is really worrying me is the thought of staying in just one room with three teenagers! I was planning on booking CBR or POR and then upgrading later to OKW if it became available. I'm not sure I will want to change away from beach club though, even if OKW does come up!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
The only thing that is really worrying me is the thought of staying in just one room with three teenagers!
Sounds like hell on earth
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It is most unlike me to just book something I haven't thoroughly researched but it seems to have been a good choice.
I bought DVC points there back in 2002 site unseen, I've not regretted that decision once!

Enjoy, you're only in your room to sleep, just keep busy!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Sounds like hell on earth
I totally agree!

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I bought DVC points there back in 2002 site unseen, I've not regretted that decision once!

Enjoy, you're only in your room to sleep, just keep busy!
Yes, we don't tend to spend much time in the room so fingers crossed it will be OK. Thanks for all the pictures you linked to in your earlier post. I've just had the time to sit down and look through them, it really does look like a beautiful resort. I took these pictures of my girls waiting for a boat at Yacht Club after a meal on our last trip in 2017. They were some of my favourites from that trip.

jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
It really isn’t a long walk (unless you have mobility issues or young children) from the International Gateway to Test Track, if I remember my Epcot geography properly, this is one of the furthest locations in Future World from the main entrance?
Don’t forget that people coming in the main entrance have to negotiate around Spaceship Earth and then across the plaza thingies?
I’d say if two people, with the same walking pace, both set off at the same time from each entrance, you’d probably reach TT at the same time. Maybe even slightly quicker from the IG.

The IG is between France and the UK, so you only have to navigate past Canada, across the front of the lake and you’re at TT

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We stayed at BC for 7 nights last year with 3 kids and found we had plenty of room- they were actually much bigger than we expected. We had made a specific room request with touring plans for a room with a full balcony and got that exact rm- however, there were a load of workmen bang outside the balcony so my plans for a relaxing out there were shattered! We got moved to a garden view rm straight away which only had the juliette balcony but it wasn't a problem. You will love staying there. Location is everything! 😀
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
It really isn’t a long walk (unless you have mobility issues or young children) from the International Gateway to Test Track, if I remember my Epcot geography properly, this is one of the furthest locations in Future World from the main entrance?
Don’t forget that people coming in the main entrance have to negotiate around Spaceship Earth and then across the plaza thingies?
I’d say if two people, with the same walking pace, both set off at the same time from each entrance, you’d probably reach TT at the same time. Maybe even slightly quicker from the IG.

The IG is between France and the UK, so you only have to navigate past Canada, across the front of the lake and you’re at TT
Thanks, it doesn't make it sound too far when you say it like that. We have done PPO breakfast at GG before and would like to do it again. I assume we can still get on early at IG?

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
We stayed at BC for 7 nights last year with 3 kids and found we had plenty of room- they were actually much bigger than we expected. We had made a specific room request with touring plans for a room with a full balcony and got that exact rm- however, there were a load of workmen bang outside the balcony so my plans for a relaxing out there were shattered! We got moved to a garden view rm straight away which only had the juliette balcony but it wasn't a problem. You will love staying there. Location is everything! 😀
Thanks, I'm still debating whether or not we're worried about having a full balcony or not. The extra space would be nice but we tend to be on the go or at the pool most of the time so I'm not sure how much it would get used.

My new dilemma is that we booked standard view as that was all that was available but now garden view has come online. The cost difference is only £60 so I'm wondering if it might be an idea to upgrade. Generally we don't pay extra for views as we just don't use them but this is such a small amount that I'm tempted.