Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Apr 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

love Charleston, i used to live just outside. would move back there in a heart beat
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Hello folks

Resurrecting this thread as the trip is on ! Have 4 or 5 days to play with wedged between a week in Louisiana and a week on Palm Coast

Plan is ...

Orlando mid pm ( flight coming in from New Orleans in the morning) to Jekyll island. overnight.

Mid morning Jekyll to Hilton Head OR Tybee Island with seaside stops on the way. Undecided where to stay ! Overnight at whichever we choose

Mid morning on to Charleston. Afternoon , evening and Overnight in Charleston

Morning ( maybe lunch?) Charleston then on to Savannah mid afternoon. Afternoon , evening and overnight Savannah

Morning and lunch Savannah then mid afternoon and on to Flagler Beach. Week of exploring inc St Augustine.

That gives us 2 to 3 hours drive each day which feels about right and we shouldn’t be doubling back on ourselves too much .

What do you think ?
Can’t wait for the trip report as we want to do a similar trip. We are staying in St Augustine for a few nights this time but just didn’t have the time to travel to HHI or Savannah
Old 11 Apr 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to this Amanda! Next year we want to do a week in the Smokies, 2 nights Atlanta, 6 nights Golden Isles prob St Simons Island then 6 nights Hilton Head so will be reading along eagerly.
Oh and there's a Tanger Outlets just before you get onto HHI

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Smith lane you will love the smokies We just love time spent with our friends of 25 years from Florida and now there home in Tennessee
It’s the oddest sensation ever there Home is on 5 levels waking up under the clouds and 15 mins later ( time it takes me to come too and e presentable enough not to frightened the natives and wildlife) to be way above them
Or siting on there deck on Tybee ( no sand involved) watching the sun
Bliss
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Can’t wait for the trip report as we want to do a similar trip. We are staying in St Augustine for a few nights this time but just didn’t have the time to travel to HHI or Savannah
Hey there

Happy planning ! I got in a tizz as there is so much to see by we also want some rest so this is a taster trip... we will go back if we really like somewhere.
I’ve booked everywhere except Charleston so far.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Looking forward to this Amanda! Next year we want to do a week in the Smokies, 2 nights Atlanta, 6 nights Golden Isles prob St Simons Island then 6 nights Hilton Head so will be reading along eagerly.
Oh and there's a Tanger Outlets just before you get onto HHI
Ha ha there are Outlet everywhere

Sounds a lovely plan. Smokies are still on our bucket list but lost out to New Orleans (again) this trip.

HHI is sooooo expensive and I couldn’t justify DVC. I gave Andy the choice of there or Tybee and he’s gone for Hilton which surprised me.

I did look at St Simon’s but not impressed by the hotels on offer.

Shame we will only have one night in each place but you just can’t do everything and we’ve promised ourselves plenty of time to just chill on the Florida coasts so had to be ruthless on this mini road trip
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
So not a beach person but love Tybee Island and Savannah is stunning
We have decided not to stay this time but will take a peek with a lunch stop here
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ha ha there are Outlet everywhere

Sounds a lovely plan. Smokies are still on our bucket list but lost out to New Orleans (again) this trip.

HHI is sooooo expensive and I couldn’t justify DVC. I gave Andy the choice of there or Tybee and he’s gone for Hilton which surprised me.

I did look at St Simon’s but not impressed by the hotels on offer.

Shame we will only have one night in each place but you just can’t do everything and we’ve promised ourselves plenty of time to just chill on the Florida coasts so had to be ruthless on this mini road trip
I can see why New Orleans is such a draw, I can’t wait to visit! It’s a good reason to go back and stay in the Smokies if you love the area.
As we will have the teens with us we’ll be staying in condos the whole time (apart from Atlanta) and have found some fab ones for around £100 per night, bargain! The hotels are a whole lot pricier and I agree there aren’t many great ones on St Simons as I did look at that option too. Where are you staying on Jekyll Island? Please say the Jekyll Island Club Resort. That place looks amazing!
The whole holiday sounds fabulous and well deserved!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Smith lane you will love the smokies We just love time spent with our friends of 25 years from Florida and now there home in Tennessee
It’s the oddest sensation ever there Home is on 5 levels waking up under the clouds and 15 mins later ( time it takes me to come too and e presentable enough not to frightened the natives and wildlife) to be way above them
Or siting on there deck on Tybee ( no sand involved) watching the sun
Bliss
Thanks Helen we can’t wait. I’ve now got to narrow down my list of cabins from around 50! There are too many good ones to choose from!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 12 Apr 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I can see why New Orleans is such a draw, I can’t wait to visit! It’s a good reason to go back and stay in the Smokies if you love the area.
As we will have the teens with us we’ll be staying in condos the whole time (apart from Atlanta) and have found some fab ones for around £100 per night, bargain! The hotels are a whole lot pricier and I agree there aren’t many great ones on St Simons as I did look at that option too. Where are you staying on Jekyll Island? Please say the Jekyll Island Club Resort. That place looks amazing!
The whole holiday sounds fabulous and well deserved!
Ah soz we’ve gone budget at Jekyll for the Hampton as we are arriving late and will be tired so no time really to take in any resort facilities so free parking and breakfast were more important ! It’s literally a good stopover point on the way up ! Does have a wooden walkway to the beach though like you see in the movies and I really wanted a place with one of those . Little things eh ?

Gone more upscale at Hilton Head though at the Sonesta.

Just looking at Condos for Flagler Beach . Deffo cheaper for a long stay . I was looking at Airbnb for our other overnight stops. Per night price was good but then cleaning and service fees made it more expensive than one night in a hotel !

Yes it’s my birthday while we are in Nola. That’s why we are going. I feel I can thoroughly spoil myself on cocktails with no guilt at all after what we have been through.

Happy planning .. you have so much of it on the go !