Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Nov 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Bonfire spiced hot chocolate! Sounds fab!
Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Looking forward to following along😊
The hot chocolate was lovely. And thankyou
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Great pre travel day food, looking forward to following along xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Great pre travel day food, looking forward to following along xx
Thanks! I'm about to do an update
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Thanks for reading!

Travel day-Wednesday 17th October

So we were up at 5:40 this morning and headed down for breakfast at 6:15.

Premier Inn

It was pretty quiet in the restaurant, so Arron took a few photos.

We both had a bit of everything, there was:juice, tea, cereal, pastries, pancakes, fruit, yoghurt and cooked offerings.

I'll show you in a quick photo spam

That is a mix of our plates. Arron really loved the bubble and squeak and I thought the mushrooms were great.
My yoghurt tasted a bit weird so I left most of it but otherwise it was a success and we both ate enough to tide us over til later!

We left the room at 8:30 and had done bag drop and were through security by 10am.

Strada

We wandered for a bit but ended up perched at the bar in Strada in Terminal 3. Arron ordered a Becks for just over £5.

Then we popped over to WHSmith for water, Glacier fruits and Graze flapack which was aroumd £7.

Then it was time to board our plane. We were at Gate 16 and flying on Diamond Girl.

We took off at 12:10ish and I watched 'Love, Simon'.

Virgin food

Drinks came round juyst after 1pm, I only wanted a lemonade and Arron had a whiskey and coke with our little pretzels.

The pretzels were good as always!

The menus they had brought round at the start of the flight were wrong! So we had to improvise our food choices.
I had the sausages with tomato and mash, Arron had the tomato & mozzarella pasta.

If I recall, the little salad was a pesto pasta thing and the normal cheese/crackers combo. Food was pretty good although the tomato in mine was a bit random as a flavour with sausage and mash

Dessert was the passion Gu pud. Arron also donated his to me, so I enjoyed both. Nice and fruity.

I had a cup of tea and watched Frozen until 7pm GMT/3pm NYC time.

We then got given High Tea which was a trial run.

This was really nice, the roll was a mozzarella and pesto one and the scone was really cute.

Loved the cool box it all came in too

We landed at 3:30, got over to the taxi rank by 3:55. We didn't get to Distrikt hotel until 5:45

Poor taxi driver!

We literally dropped our stuff in and were back out just after 6pm.

2 Bros

We kind of walked up West 40th Street and back before deciding to stop in this one. It was really busy in there with lots of New Yorkers! We thought this must mean the pizza is good!

That isn't my photo ^ but you get the idea!

I felt a bit weird taking photos as it is a little pizza bar and a couple of tables.

So we ordered 3 slices-pepperoni, supreme and BBQ. The 3 cost $8.50 altogether.

The pizza was delicious. We had a little try of each and they were all tasty. The BBQ was so covered in sauce and chicken. I think their signature is cheese/margarita.

After this we wandered around looking for Times Square and ended up at Madison Square Garden

We went to bed at 9pm...shattered.
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks good ! I think I would be pleased with just over 2 hours from landing to hotel, you were lucky that you were quick in the airport.
Is it just a $ Pizza slice if you take away ?
Thanks for posting !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Looks good ! I think I would be pleased with just over 2 hours from landing to hotel, you were lucky that you were quick in the airport.
Is it just a $ Pizza slice if you take away ?
Thanks for posting !
Yeah the airport was chaotic but quick, it would've horrific if it'd been 2 hours there then 2 hours in a taxi!

I believe the cheese pizza is $1 a slice and then they add a little more for fancier toppings! As ours turned out at $3, $3, $2.50 it seems.
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Yeah the airport was chaotic but quick, it would've horrific if it'd been 2 hours there then 2 hours in a taxi!

I believe the cheese pizza is $1 a slice and then they add a little more for fancier toppings! As ours turned out at $3, $3, $2.50 it seems.
Bargain ! I think I will be looking out for $ Pizza places to keep costs down !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

We had the same meals on the plane the high tea looks lovely, I love a good scone with jam and cream.

Those pizzas look lovely and a bargain at $8.50 for the 3! xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Bargain ! I think I will be looking out for $ Pizza places to keep costs down !
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
We had the same meals on the plane the high tea looks lovely, I love a good scone with jam and cream.

Those pizzas look lovely and a bargain at $8.50 for the 3! xx
Yes definitely a good way to have a cheap meal. We didn't find NYC that expensive food wise. It might depend on your dining preferences though!

The high tea was really good. We filled out a little survey form. So hopefully it stays!
Old 25 Nov 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Hello again, trying to get this done a bit at a time...

Day 1-Thursday 18th October

We both woke up at 4:45 but we just kind of hung around until we headed out at 6:40.

We walked around and it was so incredibly cold that Arron suggested we should go in somewhere for breakfast!

Applebees

At 7:20 we went into Applebees by Times Square. We were seated immediately and we both ordered the unlimited refill tea to warm us up!

The tea was fine but never compares to a proper British cuppa.

We perused the menu, Arron ordered the Mexican egg white omelette with wholewheat toast & I ordered the french toast.

Arron loved his omelette and I ate a bit of his toast. He always loves anything spicy and there was plenty of it too!

My french toast was nice, and not too sweet. Unfortunately it was lukewarm but otherwise good.

It looks like only NYC Applebees do breakfast(I just googled it) which seems abit odd.

We settled up with $35 including tip and left just before 8am.

We had a manic morning of buying cold weather stuff, subway and Statue of Liberty!

Even then we were still very chilly when we were on the boat over to Ellis Island.

Ferry snacks

On the ferry there is a little kitchen, so I hotfooted it straight there, We got a hot chocolate and pretzel to share. Which was $4.56 altogether.

The drink was molten hot for ages and pretty standard food van hot chocolate. But it definitely warmed us up! And the pretzel was nice for a snack, it was quite salty and a tad too doughy in the centre. But good value for both.

We were back from the islands before 1pm, then we walked up to 9/11 memorial. On from there to Ghostbusters Firehouse and then all the way upto the hotel.

Sweet Corner Bakery

We were walking through the West Village and spotted a little bakery. Arron suggested I go in and I bought a chocolate chip cheesecake bomb.

We ate it while we walked, it was $5 and was pretty delicious. The cheesecake was a nice centre to break up the texture of cookie!

We continued our walk with a detour into Chelsea market(wer'll be back!) and got back to the hotel around 4:30.

Just after 5pm we went back out for the evening. Having loved Ruby Tuesdays in Orlando we thought it'd be nice to go into the NYC one.

Ruby Tuesdays

We were seated quickly even though it seemed pretty busy! To drink I just got a coke and Arron chose a Bud light.

Arron's beer was in a giant stein type glass! It was a bit funny ha.

We were both umming and ahhing over dinner but eventually Arron plumped for the Cajun shrimp with dirty rice and brocolli, and me for the Hickory bourbon salmon with mash and zucchini.

The salmon was great, really flavoursome and the sauce was sweet but not too sweet. Arron loved the shrimp as they were really fresh and we both enjoyed having vegetables as we eat a lot of veg at home!

Arron then got the spiked strawberry lemonade with Jack Daniels.

It wasn't really my type of drink but it wasm't too strong on the whiskey.

We settled up with $77 and left at 6:55.

From the restaurant we walked up towards Times Square and ended up in the M & M store.

We bought $14 worth of them, all different varieties:strawberry, mint, coffee, caramel etc.

And we then walked up to Broadway.

King Kong

We were sat in the Rear Mezzanine for the show, we snacked on the M & Ms.

At the interval we popped to the bar and they were doing speciality drinks, Arron decided to grab a double of the 'Skull Island ice tea'. Then was told it would be $27

Obviously he paid it, and the drink was very strong.

You live and you learn

The show was amazing and crazy! We got back to our room at 11 and went to bed.