Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Dec 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
beswicky2k
Excited about Disney

We all get up around 7, make a cup of tea and then sit around opening our presents one by one. Eldest daughter and her boyfriend then go to his parents over the road and do the present opening all over again. We have breakfast and go to my mums for a couple of hours. When we come home we relax and have a buffet lunch. Around 7pm we go over to daughters boyfriends family and have drinks, games and music til the early hours. My daughters are 27, 21, 19 and 17 but still love having the same routine we have had since they were little.
Old 16 Dec 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Lots of chocolate tubs, biscuits and stuff, a fight over the tv for what to watch, christmas dinner at 1ish and a light dinner with rolls, smoked salmon and crisps. It's going to be fun
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The kids are allowed to open their small stockings in their room (although they usually come in our room now). We try to aim for 7am as the earliest time! Then it’s downstairs to see if Santa has been (although kids have to wait until we get a cup of coffee in hand!). Kids then open presents from Santa. We keep other presents from family until tea time (unless that family member is with us on Christmas Day, in which case they get opened in the morning). We also sometimes suggest to the kids that they save a present each to open on Boxing Day.
Lastly, I give my children calendars on New Years Day (wrapped up). Not only is it a nice little extra on NYD, but also ensures that the calendars don’t get ‘lost’ within the wrapping paper frenzy on Christmas Day (this has happened a couple of times in the past meaning either the calendar has got creased up because the kids have accidentally stood on it, or has been lost altogether (we think possibly thrown out one year with the recycling).

Edited at 12:59 AM. Reason: Adding text
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

As a children my sister and I always had our stockings on our beds and then the rest had to wait until after breakfast.
We weren’t even allowed in the lounge back then until we’d eaten but we don’t do that to DS!
We do insist on breakfast, showers etc before presents though.
Our step brother and sisters used to just dive in in a frenzy and the whole thing was over in the blink of an eye. They also had no idea who gave them what. I used to hate that.

Edited at 11:04 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So, my Husband being made to wait is child torture. He said he knew no different and to him it was normal.

It seems that most people do it the way we did.

Not long now

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve.

Then on Christmas morning our boys come downstairs at 7am to see what Father Christmas has left them and also what we have given them. Then we have breakfast.

At 10am we all go to church and then we take the dogs out for a long walk, visit the crematorium to lay flowers for my grandparents and then it’s back for buffet style lunch.

Around 3pm we unwrap all of the presents from everyone else, play games and watch tv into the evening.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

It goes far too quickly!

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Wake up to stocking on bed - which I could open
Downstairs and a couple of Santa presents which I could open
Washed , dressed, breakfast and church
Get back from church - wait for whichever of my brothers/sisters was popping in - we could then open their presents
Everyone used to come on Boxing day - which was when the rest of the presents got opened

It was nice as it spread it out
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No kids no family so get up usual time. Have a cup of coffee go for a walk like every other day in the year then have a meal not a Christmas meal just like a Sunday dinner then maybe watch something on TV from plex or listen to music not special for me just another day in the year .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Shroom
Having Dinner with Goofy

When I was at home, my grandparents and great Nan would come on Xmas eve, Dad and Grandad would go to the pub and we'd stay in with nibbles and TV. Up on Xmas morning and open presents first job.

As I got older (being the only child) we then started having breakfast first, bacon toasties, then opening presents. My Nan cooks the Xmas dinner and we eat that then collapse in front of the tele for the Queens speech.

Now, we go to Mums on Xmas Morning for all of the above.

This year though its the turn of the inlaws - first Xmas away from my parents in 28 years so no idea what traditions they have.
Shroom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List