Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Mar 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Would paid for Fastpass impact on your DVC

This is rumour at the moment but rumour from one of the most respected WDW leakers, Marni who has insider contacts and often breaks news first.

There was a blog by a lady who claimed she could ride FOP multiple times but could not say more until May. There was speculation that this person was using/ testing a new upcharged fast pass, albeit it is now suggested she could be on some new VIP tour.

However, this prompted said Marni to leak details of what is actually coming or at least proposed to be coming. He says it will be toxic and open your wallets. Reading his posts it looks like they will be limiting free passes to maybe 1, or just the minor rides. Everything else will be upcharged, with different packages available.

If this happens, it will really hit us Brits who often go for 2 weeks plus. Imagine paying out say $20 a day per person for length of stay?

As stated, nothing happens until it happens, but I really think this would put me off going. Currently we know how to play the Fastpass system and get continual fast passes for free throughout the day. I really do not fancy paying out say another $800 a trip to be able to do what I do now for free.

On the plus side I've just been on the US site and the prices for my Xmas trip seem to start at $750 a night plus tax for the 1 beds going up to (Riviera) $1150 a night plus tax (standard view) so DVC is still offering me some value there.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Certainly with parking charges starting next year any additional cost on top of that would make me think twice. That is obviously just me but there are people who can afford any additional charges so it wouldn't have that much effect for them.
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

In Shaghai FP are free but use the app like the maxpass in California. This mean it's possible to get 2 or max three FP per day. Then you either use the stand by line or pay for additional FP. You can buy one or for a package.
In Paris the vast majority or FP are the old paper passes, but you can buy additional FP (again, single ones or a package).
In California FP are free, but the paid upcharge MaxPass makes much easier to use and book more of them.

I wouldn't like it, but I can see some form of paid FP coming to Florida as well. They already sell extra FP+ with club level rooms.
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Would make no difference really - we are planning on going more times in a year so can spread the 'big' rides out if need be. It's now much more than the rides that are attracting us now we are more likely to go as a couple instead of a family (daughter at University).

4/5 visits planned for 2019 and 2020. We tend to go when it's low crowds so never find fast passes a big deal anyway.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBH I'm surprised that it's taken so long! Do you remember when Universal EP's were Free ? The only thing there of course is the ability to book RPR,HH & PB & get FOLP.
I've mentioned on some posts that I recently read an article that basically suggested that Disney's current strategy is to chase the "money" & actually couldn't care less about their Core fans that have seen them through hard times! This is certainly backed up with recent additions, I mean how much money do you need to have to pay $12000 for a 1 day VIP tour & the cheapskates don't even include passes !
I'm cynical enough to think that it is only going to get worse but eventually they will go too far. Someone posted on trip planning forum if "we" thought that £11k was a good price, that's not including spending money
I'm probably not too far off breaking point but DW love love loves Disney so I'm stuck
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
tee1
Imagineer

We're almost at the point of leaving DVC behind.
So it would CERTAINLY tip us over the edge.
tee1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

YT, where do I access this info please? Would not surprise me in the slightest if Disney do eventually start charging for FP's. I won't be paying for them though!
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
YT, where do I access this info please? Would not surprise me in the slightest if Disney do eventually start charging for FP's. I won't be paying for them though!
Marni 1971 (Martin) is renown as probably the most reliable WDW source of inside info on the internet and he also runs a WDW history channel on YouTube. Basically he is close to WDW insiders at a high level. The thread started on WDWmagic which he frequents, but if you also look on the 'other big board' they've picked this up. You'll see on there, given the source, most take it very seriously.
Of course Disney plans can and do change, so it may not come to fruition but as this is about revenue generation, I'd be surprised.

Edited at 10:46 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Marni 1971 (Martin) is renown as probably the most reliable WDW source of inside info on the internet and he also runs a WDW history channel on YouTube. Basically he is close to WDW insiders at a high level. The thread started on WDWmagic which he frequents, but if you also look on the 'other big board' they've picked this up. You'll see on there, given the source, most take it very seriously.
Of course Disney plans can and do change, so it may not come to fruition but as this is about revenue generation, I'd be surprised.
Thanks YT!

Let's just hope that if Disney do implement this then they will at least allow on site guests free fast passes like Universal do.
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks YT!

Let's just hope that if Disney do implement this then they will at least allow on site guests free fast passes like Universal do.
I'm hoping, it would severely dampen mine and many other's enjoyment of the parks, but I fear Disney don't care.