Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Mar 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I'm hoping, it would severely dampen mine and many other's enjoyment of the parks, but I fear Disney don't care.
Same. I think the majority of us spend enough money at Disney as it is. They’re just getting far too greedy now.

Any word on when this may happen if it does?
Old 14 Mar 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I'm hoping, it would severely dampen mine and many other's enjoyment of the parks, but I fear Disney don't care.
They definitely don't care! However I think there will come a tipping point when people will stop being able to afford multiple trips and it will eventually hit them. This is a long way down the road though since people seem to be going absolutely nuts about GE. I enjoy a Star Wars film but don't get the obsession that people have foe a couple of rides and a themed area, it'll be there for years so no need to panic!

We have been enjoying more park free days recently but I do like to dip in to the parks, enjoy my favourite rides and then leave. If this is going to become a huge effort my DVC may be going out if the window as I feel it is losing its appeal with everything that is happening.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
On Dis-unplugged t'other night they were of a mind that once the initial euphoria of SW fandom wears off then Disney actually need their Core fans to keep going & I believe this is where they have lost their way slightly. Something has to give, for example if it was to happen then guests are going to start looking for savings elsewhere: Overnight parking-stay off-site Paid for FP- pay for it by saving the money by staying off-site or by not eating in the parks & bring your own.
Maybe Disney has always been like this & we have all missed it due to things being gradually introduced?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Maybe Disney has always been like this & we have all missed it due to things being gradually introduced?
SD
Agree.

Also sites like this give huge amounts of 'inside' information = How to commando the parks and leave the casual visitor way behind.

When Disney introduces things that give the casual visitor an advantage or gasp, equality, people are up in arms about how it's going to ruin their experience.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
When Disney introduces things that give the casual visitor an advantage or gasp, equality, people are up in arms about how it's going to ruin their experience.
People always said that about FP+ but I couldn't see how a system that you had to book 60 days out for attractions you maybe had never even seen gave casual visitors an equal footing with regulars. I know about the 60 day rule and I know the hard to get attractions and to book from the end of my holiday backwards. If you don't know that you are stuffed. With the old system you didnt need to know about FP until you entered the park, day 1 you might miss out but after that you stood pretty much the same chance as anyone else for the rest of your trip.

Charging for every little extra means more and more people not being able to experience WDW the way I did the first few times I went as they will have to pay for every little thing that used to make it special like the free FP, the lovely viewing areas, the free parking etc, etc.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

I don’t have a problem about them bringing in additional fast pass packages that you can pay for like at Universal, however, I would like to think that onsite guests would still get some fast passes thrown in otherwise what’s the incentive to stay onsite?

I think they would be incredibly naive if they only allowed fast passes if you paid for them even if you were staying onsite as I just think between that and car parking charges people would just start deciding off-site was better.

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumpy
slightly serious Dibber

It will make no difference to me whatsoever as I rarely use fastpass anyway and there is no ride in any park that I am that desperate to get on - well except guardians of the galaxy and then I just queued.
Lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

from my understanding and i have had a number of phone conversations about the FP+ system with Snr management and then someone who was looking into the future of the FP+ ( which all started with my dislike of the " throwaway booking loophole " onsite guests are still going to get FP+ slots, it could be depending to where you stay, i said that DVC members should get a bonus FP as it will not cost WDW anything and would make DVC members feel " special "

Last discussion i had was Value get X amount, Mod get one more than Value and then deluxe one more again, with DVC a bonus FP
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
from my understanding and i have had a number of phone conversations about the FP+ system with Snr management and then someone who was looking into the future of the FP+ ( which all started with my dislike of the " throwaway booking loophole " onsite guests are still going to get FP+ slots, it could be depending to where you stay, i said that DVC members should get a bonus FP as it will not cost WDW anything and would make DVC members feel " special "

Last discussion i had was Value get X amount, Mod get one more than Value and then deluxe one more again, with DVC a bonus FP
Let’s hope this is true 🤞🏼
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post

Do you mean it was suggested they would implement this ?