Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 21 Mar 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
What Are My Rights

Bit of a long one.

I had a carpet fitted 2 weeks ago this coming Saturday. There was a fault in the carpet and someone form the shop was out within the hour and agreed it would need replacing. He said there wasn't anything they could do until the Monday.

I rung them on the Tuesday after not hearing from them and they said they would get back to me ASAP.

Last Friday I rung again to be told it had all been approved but my carpet was out of stock and they would ring me as soon as they had a date.

Again heard nothing so rung them again tonight, I was told they would ring and chase it and call me in the morning.

I have told them I'm living in chaos as I don't want to put all my furniture back and I cant finish my lounge until the carpet is sorted.

If they fob me off again tomorrow where do I stand?

TIA

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Write everything down keeping names, dates and times. Also if you paid by credit card they should be able to help. Also have a look on MSE they have a good guide with advice on this type of thing, I've used it and it worked. Good luck
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

which/consumer-rig...our-money-back

This seems a good guide to your rights. As it’s faulty, you are entitled to a replacement or full refund within 30 days. So, they may be trying to delay because of the time limit. If you are given an excuse tomorrow, get in touch with CAB consumer helpline on tel:03454040506 or you can contact the consumer ombudsman, but they won’t help until all other avenues have been tried and the company had sufficient time to resolve the issue.

Alternatively if you paid by credit card, contact the card provider and claim the money back under section 75 claim or if you paid by debit card, you could contact the bank and ask if you can claim it back through the chargeback scheme.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you

BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ahh, do love one of these threads! Easy peasy.

Everything hinges on the fact of do you want them to try for a second time? Personally I never give a second chance.
I would ring them and follow up with a recorded delivery letter that you reject the goods in question and require a full refund within 7 days. Failure to do so will result in you doing a charge back on your credit card which will cost them in fees.

Now if you want them to have a second chance again a call and letter giving them 14 days to fit a replacement. If it's out of stock sack them off.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I would tell them tomorrow that if the carpet you currently have is still out of stock your want to select an alternative one at a higher price for the same price as the original
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
If I go for the refund what happens with the carpet that is down? I don't want them ripping it up and messing my wallpaper up, can we take it up ready for collection?

Can I claim back the delivery charge and fitting charge (that was paid separately to the fitters).

Many thanks

Old 21 Mar 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
If I go for the refund what happens with the carpet that is down? I don't want them ripping it up and messing my wallpaper up, can we take it up ready for collection?

Can I claim back the delivery charge and fitting charge (that was paid separately to the fitters).

Many thanks
I’m pretty sure you can take it up ready for collection. Were the fitters provided by the same place as you bought the carpet or a different company? I’m not entirely sure how that would work but the CAB consumer helpline number I gave you should be able to tell you your rights on that part of it.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I’m pretty sure you can take it up ready for collection. Were the fitters provided by the same place as you bought the carpet or a different company? I’m not entirely sure how that would work but the CAB consumer helpline number I gave you should be able to tell you your rights on that part of it.
Thanks they were arranged by the shop.

Old 21 Mar 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
Thanks they were arranged by the shop.
Then I would think you are more likely to be able to claim these costs back as well, but check with CAB consumer line. Hope it gets sorted soon for you x