Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 29 Mar 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Wild Florida

Hi all, we have done a couple of different airboat rides on previous trips and want to try Wild Florida this time, our youngest DD loves sloths so I would like to book the sloth encounter as a surprise, has anyone done this, looking at the website it seems you have to book them seperatly, is that correct, will just book the sloth for my DD and an adult has anyone else just booked an encounter for a couple of members of group? Thanks
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bolwin1
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Hi all, we have done a couple of different airboat rides on previous trips and want to try Wild Florida this time, our youngest DD loves sloths so I would like to book the sloth encounter as a surprise, has anyone done this, looking at the website it seems you have to book them seperatly, is that correct, will just book the sloth for my DD and an adult has anyone else just booked an encounter for a couple of members of group? Thanks
We did this on our last visit. All 6 of us went on the airboat tour at Wild Florida, but just 4 of us did the Sloth experience. Those not doing the experience can stay just outside the Sloth cage, so you get a good view of what is going on. We booked them separately. Well worth the visit - we saw almost 30 gators on the airboat tour, but the captain said we were unusually lucky. The zoo area is pretty cool too. the food wasn't up to much though !
bolwin1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bolwin1 View Post
We did this on our last visit. All 6 of us went on the airboat tour at Wild Florida, but just 4 of us did the Sloth experience. Those not doing the experience can stay just outside the Sloth cage, so you get a good view of what is going on. We booked them separately. Well worth the visit - we saw almost 30 gators on the airboat tour, but the captain said we were unusually lucky. The zoo area is pretty cool too. the food wasn't up to much though !
Thank you for that reply, that all sounds great😀
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
30 does sound really lucky! We saw 2 - one was vv big though.Did enjoy the whole trip though
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

We have free tickets for this with the purchase of our Disney tickets. Will be checking it out for the first time in May
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

You can book the experiences separately, we loved the sloth experience. You cant hold them, but can feed and stroke them.

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
floridamo
Imagineer

We are thinking of doing this on our Sept trip, How easy is it to get to without a car?
2005-Nikki Bird Kissimee
2009-Lake Buena Vista Resort & spa
2013-Disney Old Key West Resort
2016-Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019- Disney Animal kingdom Lodge
floridamo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by floridamo View Post
We are thinking of doing this on our Sept trip, How easy is it to get to without a car?
Unfortunately it is a bit off the beaten track and no public transport. There are a few "tour companies" that offer a round trip bus service picking up at various hotels in Orlando but about $40 per person not including entry. You also only get about 3 hours to do airboat ride, see any of the small shows and the animals before having to get back on the bus. Also depending on where you are can be an hour going round picking up and dropping off.

I love visiting but without a car I would be giving it a miss.

Edited at 07:00 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Agree with Mel 49 but we did actually find that we had done all we wanted in 3 hours? the zoo bit isn't massive and we did an hour long boat tour, went round the zoo, had a sloth encounter and also ate on site, all well within 3 hours. That said we drove so may have felt less relaxed about the whole thing if we were worried about the timings. BTW we saw some very interesting birds on the drive there and i had a great view of a (wild) pileated woodpecker and a huge mantis on the boardwalk section of the zoo. i would go again.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If you are doing this soon, prepare for Lovebugs, literally thousands down there. Watching the alligator feeding show everyone was moving due to the amount of lovebugs in the air. It was crazy
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List