Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Apr 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly3
Excited about Disney

Mobile Thinking of doing NYC & Orlando in 2020

I’m thinking of doing 3 nights in NYC followed by 12 in Orlando next July. Got the villa booked for the Orlando leg but not sure where to look for the flights as not done this sort of trip before. I know the flights won’t be out for next July yet but any tips/suggestions would be great.
Lolly3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did 5 nights NY and 16 nights Florida last year. We booked a fly drive with BA going LHR-EWR MCO-LGW. Then booked the internal flights LGA-TPA with Delta although Southwest were much cheaper I missed out on booking them!
Worked out really well and BA were by far the cheapest especially once the car hire cost was included

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lolly3
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That’s great thank you, I’ll have a look on BA. is it best to wait until a sale or 11 months before?
Lolly3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We did this on a multi city ticket from Manchester. Flew to JFK 4 nights NYC. Then la guardia to Orlando as it was a multi ticket all luggage was included .all booked via virgin

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lolly3 View Post
I’m thinking of doing 3 nights in NYC followed by 12 in Orlando next July. Got the villa booked for the Orlando leg but not sure where to look for the flights as not done this sort of trip before. I know the flights won’t be out for next July yet but any tips/suggestions would be great.
Following with interest as we are looking to do a very similar trip also in July 2020. 3 nights NYC, 5 nights Disney, 14 nights Villa in Orlando.
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We're also thinking of a split trip next year. Probably about 5 nights in New York then on to Orlando with some time in a villa and the rest in a Universal resort.
Old 12 Apr 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsyone
Earning My Ears

Hi,
We are doing 4 nights in NYC followed by 14 nights in Orlando in June this year so I will let you know how we get on! Booked through a travel agent. I priced all separate and there was no difference so as we are first timers went with the travel agent.
mumsyone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mumsyone View Post
Hi,
We are doing 4 nights in NYC followed by 14 nights in Orlando in June this year so I will let you know how we get on! Booked through a travel agent. I priced all separate and there was no difference so as we are first timers went with the travel agent.
Haven’t thought about flights yet but have been looking at accommodation. Where are you staying? Really struggling to narrow down options and I need a room for 5 people which rules a lot of places out. Some hotels are also showing no availability when they should have rooms that do 5 people. I am hoping they have not been released yet and not that I’m too late to book. We are hoping to be there over July 4th weekend.
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mumsyone
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridajill View Post
Haven’t thought about flights yet but have been looking at accommodation. Where are you staying? Really struggling to narrow down options and I need a room for 5 people which rules a lot of places out. Some hotels are also showing no availability when they should have rooms that do 5 people. I am hoping they have not been released yet and not that I’m too late to book. We are hoping to be there over July 4th weekend.

We are staying in The Gallivant Times Square. There are 5 of us and it's a family room. It will be tight I m sure but we 'll only be in the room to sleep. In orlando we are staying in a villa so plenty space!
mumsyone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridajill View Post
I wonder if you have looked at the Broadway Plaza. I booked there from a Dibb recommendation. The junior suite was huge, 2 double beds and a double soda bed. The hotel doesn't look much from the outside but work was being done while we were there and it should look good when finished. Exceptionally clean, free continental breakfast, very friendly staff. The hotel was about 20 minutes walk to Times Square, near the Flatiron building but we mainly used the subway. Would definitely recommend. We paid around £200 a night.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List