Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Apr 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ctolli
Dancing with Tink'

Disney Stay Idea

Hi. We (2A & 2C) are looking to stay at Beach Club but... I don’t see the point/value in making our arrival day (off the plane, frazzled, just going to eat and sleep) the first night we stay there, so thinking of first night at AoA followed by 5 at BC. Does this make sense and does anyone know if Disney could transfer our luggage from AoA to BC? Thanks

Edited at 08:30 AM.
ctolli is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Yes , you just call the Bell when you are ready to check out and they will transfer it for free.
We did this in September All Star to Boardwalk .
With jet lag we were up early so checked out about 6am and took a Lyft over to the Boardwalk to check in and activate our Magic Bands so we could use the passes and free dining. Our room was actually ready including all requests met which we didn't expect but we just headed off for breakfast and the parks .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I wouldn't do it , just stay in BC , you say all you will do is eat and sleep, but then you first full day will be wasted by checking out / in and unpacking, you could have unpacked when you get there and be ready to start your hols when you wake up.
Having done a trip where you have to keep moving around ,it's a pain and wastes so much time
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ctolli
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Thanks Mickeyspal, you’ve hit the nail on the head. Sorted.
ctolli is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Yes it makes sense, we did it last year not at Disney but universal, we decided to add a day to our holiday going a day earlier so we stayed Rosen inn the first night rather than book another night at universal as it was a big saving, then got up early and checked in at sapphire falls the next morning we were still in the parks by 830. The money we saved paid for the extra days car hire and the first night meal.
We packed what we needed for the first night and next day in one suitcase and just opened that one at RI so no unpacking and repacking.
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

On our first day I plan to use the food court and the pool and try and stay up as late as we can, so it would be a nice chilled out evening to use the resort. Later in the holiday I expect we’ll be out in the parks most evenings.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I would not do that.
Yes we are shattered when we arrive but we like to get the room sorted, un pack, grab a snack etc
Then we are up the crack of dawn and have a walk around the resort, it’s lovely and relaxing and still get to MK for opening lol
I would hate to think I had to swap resorts. First day is one of my favourite days lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Alice Disney
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by ctolli View Post
Hi. We (2A & 2C) are looking to stay at Beach Club but... I don’t see the point/value in making our arrival day (off the plane, frazzled, just going to eat and sleep) the first night we stay there, so thinking of first night at AoA followed by 5 at BC. Does this make sense and does anyone know if Disney could transfer our luggage from AoA to BC? Thanks
I am planning on 1 night in a value resort at each end of my holiday (middle section is in moderate with free DP). The reason I am doing this is...

a) The first day is a waste of dining plan. When we land we aren't very hungry. Just want to swim, grab a snack, then bed. So it suits us for our DP to start on day 2.
b) with jet lag we are always awake really early that first morning so very happy to check out & leave luggage with bell services to transport to our moderate resort. We go check in & enjoy a morning at parks.
c) Get free magic bands with each check in so 3 pp for us.
d) save money by having 1st & last nights in a value so it enables us to prolong the holiday a bit. We book the 2 individual nights at value resorts using hotel.com rewards so doesn't cost real money.
e) At the end of the holiday, the free dining plan lasts right up to midnight on the day check out of our moderate. Therefore even once we head to our value for the last night, we are still free dining till bedtime. It's just the morning we fly home that we have no DP for, which is fine as we never want to each much that day & we have a stash of snacks from using up DP credits anyway. This way every single day of our dining plan is a FULL day to give us the best chance of using up credits.
f) We really like to experience different resorts. We pack with this in mind so we aren't opening multiple suitcases for 1 night stays.

I know this kind of resort hopping isn't for everyone, but we like it.
Alice Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We have done it when we were short in points for our DVC stay.

We stayed at pop. We didn’t unpack properly. I had everything we would need in a bag at the top of the case. In the morning you can leave the case at bell services. They will take it to the new hotel. You go to the park and then come back to you the new hotel at the end of the day. Very little time wasted and you could save a few hundred pounds.

With magic bands and online check in I believe your tickets & DDP will be on your band first thing in the morning anyway. (Admittedly I haven’t tested this as with DVC we have separate tickets which aren’t linked to our stay)
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi_Angie
Being a bit Goofy

We are spending our first night at the hotel in MCO this year, then getting the ME over to AKL early the next morning.
High Grove (2007) ... Bella Vida (2008, 2010) ... LA & Vegas (2009) ... Washington/Philly/NYC/Boston/Cape Cod (2011) ... AKL/Florida Pines (2012) ... Westridge (2013) ... AKL (2014) ... RPR/Yacht Club (2015) ... PBR (2016) ... POR (2017) ... HI DS (2018) ... AKL (2019)
Jedi_Angie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List