Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Shop till you Strop - 10.4.19 -Day 1

Shop till you Strop - 10.4.19 -Day 1

Index

After a fairly restless night I was awake at 4am. I dozed for a bit and woke up about 4.45am. The other 2 woke up about an hour later.

I nipped down to the coffee shop about 6.15. Grabbed a couple of coffees and a smoothie for ds. $12.

We were very slow getting organised this morning but were in no rush what so ever. We enjoyed a few Krispy Kreme whilst getting ready.

We got an Uber to the closest IHop as it’s not a great walk. $8.

So second breakfast. I love ihop. We had a super friendly server. We started off with coffees and fruit juice for ds.

I had a voucher for a free stack of pancakes so I had the peach root tooty ones, they were so nice but huge, I didn’t manage to finish them.

Df had the strawberry and banana pancakes and again she loved them but couldn’t finish them.

Ds was happy as I let him order from the normal menu this morning. He had the breakfast sampler. He ate all his savoury food but couldn’t finish the pancakes.

The bill was $27. Sorry I keep forgetting to get a picture of the receipt.

We got another Uber down to the outlets. $8.

Ds was not looking forward to having a shopping day but he did his best to keep it to himself.

We were there for the outlet opening and witnessed the chaos of the Disney outlet. People were just sweeping things off the shelf and filling baskets with ears. There was someone making a vlog and we witnessed a few angry words.

I personally didn’t think there was anything that special. Ds got a top, a phone case and a set of walle tsum tsums.

Df and I got some tops in Aeropostale.

Ds and Df got hoodies in Adidas.

Df got a hoodie in North Face.

I got a bag and sunglasses in Fossil.

Nike was very disappointing. Ds normally always gets something in there but there was nothing appealing at a decent price.

We nipped through the food court and decided we fancied a snack do we got some Chinese to share. We ordered one plate with bourbon chicken and sesame chicken and ds and df had spring rolls as well. $17, it did the job!

We were all pretty shattered so actually just chilled out in the room for a bit.

As we were all starting to feel hungry we headed out to Olive Garden stopping at Pointe Orlando to have a quick wander around a few more shops. Normally the Tommy Hilfiger clearance place has some decent things but not today.

Olive Garden was nice and quiet as we were pretty early. I had a voucher for a free starter so we chose the lasagne fritta. It was very nice as was the salad.

Df and I had a watermelon margarita and a twisted strawberry lemonade. These were on offer at $5each, they were nice enough but small. No Id asked for tonight.

Ds was happy enough to have a kids meal tonight as I think the choices were better. He chose to create his own pasta with fettuccine, Alfredo sauce and shrimp and fries as a side. I thought this was pretty good value and fairly sizeable. He had masses of shrimp.

Df chose to create her own pasta as well and had grilled chicken with creamy pesto. She really enjoyed it.

I had the shrimp scampi pasta which had fresh tomatoes, angel hair pasta and asparagus. It was lovely, it wasn’t an overly large portion though.

The server was friendly and we left a tip on the full amount before the discount for the starter. Including the tip it was $70 but the food was good and everything was really nice.

A slow walk back, a bit of organising and an early night. Tomorrow is Universal!

Edited at 02:06 PM.
Rescuer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Poor DS having to suffer a shopping day on day 1 it sounds hairy in the Disney outlet.

It was good to see that IHOP breakfast again I'm a bit hungry now!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Poor DS having to suffer a shopping day on day 1 it sounds hairy in the Disney outlet.

It was good to see that IHOP breakfast again I'm a bit hungry now!
We all have to do things we don't like, it will teach him resilience He survived!
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We all have to do things we don't like, it will teach him resilience He survived!
My thoughts precisely! That breakfast looked good.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
My thoughts precisely! That breakfast looked good.
It was great.
Old 24 Apr 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Good idea to have a more chilled first day. All the food looks lovely and helpful to see uber prices thank you.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I love pancakes with fruit toppings and squirty cream 😍 and a side of American bacon.
ERICSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Good idea to have a more chilled first day. All the food looks lovely and helpful to see uber prices thank you.
It's nice to have a day to get settled in.

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I love pancakes with fruit toppings and squirty cream 😍 and a side of American bacon.
I do too, it feels so decadent.
Old 27 Apr 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Uber is such a bargain. I’m really keen to ditch the car now Disney are charging for parking but others are taking more convincing!

I can't say I enjoy visiting the Disney outlets, just madness.

Love DS’s ‘I’ll Do It Tomorrowland’ top, I wanted to get that for Nik as that is him in every way but they didn’t do his size. I love that grey Adidas hoodie too. Looks like DS didn’t do too badly out of the day despite not wanting to shop.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Nice cocktails👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List