Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawkes
Helping Mickey

Will We Actually Get There 2019 - Day 5 - Animal Kingdom

As usual we had breakfast at the villa, we arrived at Animal Kingdom just before 9am.

We parked in Dinosaur, we asked for disabled parking but were told we couldn't because no blue badge.
It proved very difficult to get my auntie onto the train, not least because the first train as we were trying to get her out and on other people walked in front of us and took the seats. Anyway we eventually managed to lift her on between us and dismantled the wheelchair to get that on. Same palaver at the other end.
We went through bag check, logged our finger prints and we were in.
First stop was guest services for a first visit badge for DD.

The plan was to head straight over to Kali River Rapids for our first fastpass but we were distracted by getting a photopass picture in front of the tree.

Then we were distracted by meeting Russell and Dug...

And then we were distracted by meeting Mickey & Minnie, who tried to photobomb our group picture

Eventually we made it to Kali for our fastpass, got about 5 people in front of us and it broke down. Had our fastpass reissued for anything other than the Avatar rides later in the day.

We then went for a walk through the Maharajah jungle trek. None of the animals were up to much today.

We then headed over to Pandora for our second fastpass of the day, Navi River Journey, on the way we stopped to listen to the drummers who were very good but very loud. I found the River Journey a bit boring for my tastes but DD loved the theming and the colours.

We then headed to Africa where we intended to do the Lion King show, however when we got there we were told there were no more disabled spaces available. So we headed to Harambe Market for lunch. I had the chicken and rice and it was delicious.

We then headed to our next fastpass on Kilimanjaro Safaris. When I booked this fastpass I was a bit worried as it was in the middle of the day and didn't know how active the animals would be, but we actually saw loads of animals, including really close up views of the giraffes and rhino's.

We then walked around the Gorilla Falls trail and managed to see the big silverback. And on the way out DD bought herself a baby Simba, these seem to be everywhere in the parks this year.

We then headed back to the Lion King show. We were there quite early so grabbed an ice cream to eat in the queue. I'm glad we were in the disabled queue area under the tin roof piece because as we were waiting to go in torrential rain started. This meant it took longer to empty the theatre (no one wanted to walk out into the rain) and so it took us a while to get in. I love this show, it's definitely my favourite Disney show.

The rain had stopped by the time we came out, we headed back to Kali to see if it had reopened and it had so we went on that, didn't get too wet this time. We then continued through Asia and got to Expedition Everest, stand by was only 20 mins so we decided we would go on, to my surprise DD wanted to go on as well, she's tall enough to go on most things except the big coasters but as she's only 6 we did wonder if she'd want to. This is the first proper coaster she's been on. She liked it but was a bit scared in the dark bits.

We then decided to head out of the park but as we were heading through Dinoland we saw Goofy so paused to meet him.

We then headed back to the villa for a quick change and went out to Texas Road House for tea. I didn't seem to note down what I ate here but I think I had some sort of BBQ pulled pork sandwich, others had ribs, DD had chicken tenders. Food was good and bill was reasonable - I think about $180 for all of us.
Fawkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Great day.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great first Disney day! Love the lion king show too it’s amazing!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great you still got to do Kali. I think she was very brave to do Expedition Everest-it’s taken me a few years to give it a go!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List