Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Apr 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

ATD good SSR price Oct 2020

Hi,

Ok, firstly, I realise this will be a prebooking only and not confirmed until nearer the time but...

I've looked at SSR (basing it on this as no OKW on ATD site and if we ended up not being able to move to OKW it'd be SSR we want) 1 bed prices on Disney site based on Feb 2020 as I can't get costs later in the year yet, it's coming in at £3192 for 7 nights. The other week I got a quote from ATD for the same dates and 1 bed at £2954. Just been on having a nosy and the price is now £2491. I'm tempted to book and can't think of a reason not to. If I booked with Disney tomorrow it'd be accommodation I'm not too fussy for and would be looking to move to hopefully OKW but if not, SSR. I feel I'm missing something obvious, I assume ATD would honour free dining etc so... help?
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Unless you are checking in by October 3rd, free dining isn't available in October next year.

I have stayed at both SSR and OKW and SSR is my preference as it is closer to Disney Springs and we preferred the food options there.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Unless you are checking in by October 3rd, free dining isn't available in October next year.

I have stayed at both SSR and OKW and SSR is my preference as it is closer to Disney Springs and we preferred the food options there.
Hi

Yeah thank you we are checking in on 2nd. We love ssr only reason for move to okw would be so the kids dont have to share the sofa bed (dd be 13 and ds just turned 10 but he is teeny tiny so could share in with dh and I if it came to it). My heart is in ssr to be honest.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

SSR is starting a full room refurbishment this year apparently, so you never know, you might get lucky with a new room. I seem to remember it being a pull down murphy bed instead of a sofa bed like at Pop Century.
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I would say thats a very good price for a 1 bed!
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They cant do it. It's not letting them process it so back to the drawing board. I'm really disappointed. I got quotes the other week and it was never mentioned that it wouldn't be possible to go ahead on a pre reg basis.
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Oh no I was thinking of calling them tomorrow as see a price for SSR for May next year but not sure if it is worth calling them as the price was good for a 2 bedroom but it did say call them. Hope you manage to find something I think they only book them now at about 330 days for SSR and OKW.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
Oh no I was thinking of calling them tomorrow as see a price for SSR for May next year but not sure if it is worth calling them as the price was good for a 2 bedroom but it did say call them. Hope you manage to find something I think they only book them now at about 330 days for SSR and OKW.
I'd say give them a call, the price has now jumped back up for the dates we want at SSR on their site. I'm in the que to check Disney prices an waiting on call back from ATD so will see if anything has changed. If you do try and you get pre reg booked, drop me a PM? Good luck
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Sorry to jump on, but is it likely they would cancel the booking when it gets to the 330 day mark?
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
Sorry to jump on, but is it likely they would cancel the booking when it gets to the 330 day mark?
They wouldn't even let me make a booking. They're advising to book a different resort that youd be happy with and they'll put a note on asking to change after 330 days.