Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Apr 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Motherofboys
Gone all Goofy

Gatwick airport lounges advice please!

Hi, we are flying from Gatwick (North terminal) and there are 3 airport lounges to choose from!
Can anyone recommend any particular one and why?
We are 2 adults, 2 children - 11 & 7.
Thanks
Motherofboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

We always go for the no1 lounge. Which meets our needs. But having just had a look we may try the club aspire to get a comparison.

Mylounge is ok as well but a little more casual so that may suit as well.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Motherofboys View Post
Hi, we are flying from Gatwick (North terminal) and there are 3 airport lounges to choose from!
Can anyone recommend any particular one and why?
We are 2 adults, 2 children - 11 & 7.
Thanks
No 1 Lounges have 3 at Gatwick: My Lounge, No 1 Lounge and Clubroom. Just to say if anyone has a Fairfx card you can get 25% off the price if you look on the offers tab on the Fairfx website on sign in. Currently the offer also includes complimentary Premium Security Access.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

We used NO1 lounge when we flew from LGW admittedly there were only the two of us both adults but were impressed enough that we are going to use the South terminal one when we layover this August with the kids.
It was a 1st for us and I just thought it was so much a calmer start to the holiday with a decent breakfast and a few drinks without all the hustle and bustle. The range of foods were excellent from porridge to bacon and sausage. We were lucky that we also got to sample the lunch menu just before we left. Only gripe for me was I like a pint pot for my beer not a small glass but I just ordered double.
There was a thread for getting it at a reduced/free cost not so long ago. I think its discounted via the LGW app, also via dragon pass/telegraph paper and we have taken advantage of the Amex gold card to get 4 free passes so will just have to pay for one of the kids.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rding View Post
We used NO1 lounge when we flew from LGW admittedly there were only the two of us both adults but were impressed enough that we are going to use the South terminal one when we layover this August with the kids.
It was a 1st for us and I just thought it was so much a calmer start to the holiday with a decent breakfast and a few drinks without all the hustle and bustle. The range of foods were excellent from porridge to bacon and sausage. We were lucky that we also got to sample the lunch menu just before we left. Only gripe for me was I like a pint pot for my beer not a small glass but I just ordered double.
There was a thread for getting it at a reduced/free cost not so long ago. I think its discounted via the LGW app, also via dragon pass/telegraph paper and we have taken advantage of the Amex gold card to get 4 free passes so will just have to pay for one of the kids.
We used the No1 lounge in South this year (haven't used North) however in South you are given either a Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner menu upon arrival and you have to go to the bar and order your food. (I'm not sure if this is the same for North?)

There however is a food station in the middle of the lounge where you can get fruit and other snacks such as peanuts, soup, crisps etc but there isn't a walk up hot food bar if that makes sense?

There is a soft drinks machine and 2 coffee machines which the soft drinks machine had some more fruit and some brownies & cupcakes to pick from.

Overall it was a nice experience, a good excuse to not be in the hustle of the terminal etc, but won't be rushing back before any future flights.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 01:18 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

[QUOTE=itsmeGAV;13801552]We used the No1 lounge in South this year (haven't used North) however in South you are given either a Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner menu upon arrival and you have to go to the bar and order your food. (I'm not sure if this is the same for North?)

That's good to know regarding the food. What was it like portion wise? Normally with the kids we do a F&B breakfast or something similar and two of mine eat like horses so im thinking it might not be a good idea if they have to repeatedly have to order food (if that's allowed)
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=Rding;13801575]
Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
We used the No1 lounge in South this year (haven't used North) however in South you are given either a Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner menu upon arrival and you have to go to the bar and order your food. (I'm not sure if this is the same for North?)

That's good to know regarding the food. What was it like portion wise? Normally with the kids we do a F&B breakfast or something similar and two of mine eat like horses so im thinking it might not be a good idea if they have to repeatedly have to order food (if that's allowed)
It's nothing to shout home about in regards to portion sizes, we had a chili and rice meal each which was quite small. Looking around at what others were eating were also quite small portions.

In regards to repeatedly ordering food, I don't think you can as they took our menus once we ordered so it would seem that it's only 1 meal pp per visit.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List